Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get her home today ..boy it sure its a differant ride then the 81 GL1100 Full Dress

This GL1000 is zippy and fun to ride etc

Anywqay I got a few things

First the brake light wont work all other lights work... i checked the bulb it does not look burnt...the rear brake has the spring this and wire is hooked up and it pulls down as the press the rear break

what can i check???

also a small oil leak..its right at the shifter ..if u look where the exhaust bolts up the 3 bolts u see a 10mm bolt between the back 2 bolt on block..oil is dripping off the head of that bolt maybe 3 or 4 drips after shut off and it hits the hot pipe

Well i this i see the problem its cracked around bolt ...what is this

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
thats still one good looing bike. have someone watch the tail light and you pull the switch by hand and if the brake lite comes on the spring is bad. if the oil is comming from the shifter seal it will need to be changed. my niece had a '79 wing and now rides an '82 wing both were nakked and both are very differant

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats still one good looing bike. have someone watch the tail light and you pull the switch by hand and if the brake lite comes on the spring is bad. if the oil is comming from the shifter seal it will need to be changed. my niece had a '79 wing and now rides an '82 wing both were nakked and both are very differant
I did that spring pull thing still not work

Now I have a carb dripping

Float bowl gasket...the guy said he rebuilt the carbs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts