Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last Friday evening, at Chopin114's request I flashed up the Wing, donned my duds and out into the chilly (+5c/40f) evening I rode. As I mentioned I live in the north central boreal section of the province, where rolling farm fields give way to forests of aspen (we call 'em poplar), birch, alder and connifers. Small lakes abound and it gets quite scenic this time of year.
1) 5 miles nw of my place 2) camp kitchen at Lawrence lake 12 miles nw 3) Lawrence Lake 4) Town of Athabasca lookout 5)Athabasca River looking west from lookout

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Beautiful country..... I have mixed emotions this time of year. I love the cool crisp fall air and the beauty of the trees, but it's also a signal that "you know what" is not far behind. Thanks for posting pics. Ride safe as long as you can. Then go work on the Wing and get it ready for next year....

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Very nice pictures, thanks. I know that you will think I'm crazy, but what I miss most about the deep south is snow. (I grew up in Michigan) While I do get to ride year round down here the leaf change isn't as dramatic and the lack of snow makes for very poor cross country skiing.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
I can understand why you live there: Big sky country. Your riding season might be short but you can sure pack a lot in the moment there. Quantity vs. Quality. Thanks for the views of your world. I just came home from a day a people pushing and people shuffling and the serenity of these scenes is more than any Gin & Tonic could manufacture.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maestro, I'll never forsake the recouperative properties of a timely gin and tonic.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Great looking pictures Budoka. Pretty country you live in. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts