Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from EFINREF yesterday morning to tell me he just had his car tire installed. I think he likes it.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Got a call from EFINREF yesterday morning to tell me he just had his car tire installed. I think he likes it.
yea he text me about how he loved it , congrats REF , been trying to find someone to do mine , only person so far is Petes cycle they want 100.00 just to change the tire and i have to leave the wing over night

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea he text me about how he loved it , congrats REF , been trying to find someone to do mine , only person so far is Petes cycle they want 100.00 just to change the tire and i have to leave the wing over night
That price is just nuts. I took my rim and tire to a Goodyear and they mounted it for $16, but that was in Winchester, VA.

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Road Trip Gordo.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
That price is just nuts. I took my rim and tire to a Goodyear and they mounted it for $16, but that was in Winchester, VA.
Lee i could prolly just take it off and get it done cheaper but come on man your talking about me , i can barley change the oil , no way i can take a tire off lol

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I paid the same price. Don't feel so bad, that's probably your profit on a couple of cases of beer.:p

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Hey, whats going on here. Having a WELCOME ABOARD Party without me.
I paid $30 to get the front and rear put on. I'm sure he made something on the sale of the front tire.
Thanks for the warm welcome....Its a surreal moment

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
I paid the same price. Don't feel so bad, that's probably your profit on a couple of cases of beer.:p
Good point Dan.

Funny story one day my Brother in Law called me & we were talking about some racing parts we needed. I told him that I had taken the day off work to get something done in the yard. Was bellyaching a bit & cursing. Suddenly he says "What the !%@* is wrong with you? You're smarter that this. Go back to work, you'll make more money than you're going to save & pay someone who knows what they're doing to do that." I've always remembered that since. I don't pay to have everything done but sometimes you just have to know when to push that button.

After all in reality thrifty isn't thifty most times & then you're just a Cheapskate.

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lee i could prolly just take it off and get it done cheaper but come on man your talking about me , i can barley change the oil , no way i can take a tire off lol
On second thought I can see taking your bike in and them removing the wheel and re-installing might " warrant " a minimum shop fee. You have a Tire pressure Monitoring System on your bike ?

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I paid $30 to get the front and rear put on. I'm sure he made something on the sale of the front tire.
Don't be getting the big head just because we love you and adore your cute rear tire. :p

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for showing up.This thread is all about YOU ( sort of ).

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Don't be getting the big head just because we love you and adore your cute rear tire. :p
It is cute....Can't argue with that.:eek:

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
dont care about the price its that my wing has to stay the night , i will miss her

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'll bet, in your area, there are tons of Walmarts that would do it for $10 or less. If you don't have a motorcycle jack you can lay it over on the right side crash bars, pull out the center stand to create ground clearance, (wait till gas tank is low) and take the 5 lugs off and pull it out.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
On second thought I can see taking your bike in and them removing the wheel and re-installing might " warrant " a minimum shop fee. You have a Tire pressure Monitoring System on your bike ?
Yes it does Lee

·
Registered
112 Posts
Gordo they are probably hitting you for one hour labor plus 2 mountings. If you want I'll zip down next week and help you pop those wheels off then you could save the labor which in alot of cases is 77.00. Its not really that hard to do...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts