Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the chance to ride down to Dothan with the Green Knights MMC and meet with the GK from Tyndall AFB. Had lunch at Hooters and hit the stateline... High tailed it back with the thunder and lightening chasing us back home.

I have seen this on a thread, but I can't find it. What is the best rain gear? We have some frog toggs, but they have fallen apart. Looking for something light and durable. Thanks, DB

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,452 Posts
badg, The maestro has given a good link but I can tell you that if you read my post to it you will see the Little lady & I use Tourmaster. They breathe really well & we have had no issues at all in over 5 years. We used them on our big trip & several times road for many miles after the rain stopped until we took them off.

As always just one ole fossil's opinion.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fossil-I am gonna have to check out the Tourmaster, because the Frog Toggs on the website are the same as we have. Too hot, and we have not had good luck with them. My zipper is trash on my jacket and the wife got soaked the last time we used them.:mad:

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Fossil-I am gonna have to check out the Tourmaster, because the Frog Toggs on the website are the same as we have. Too hot, and we have not had good luck with them. My zipper is trash on my jacket and the wife got soaked the last time we used them.:mad:
Funny( ? ) you should mention that the zipper is trash. I bought mine on a clearance rack and the jacket zipper needs to be carefully zipped. If I used it much I would gripe more. It serves its occasional purpose and gives me a feeling of " emergency equipment ".

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
The snap on my FT jacket ripped away from the material when I was at SMRI in June. Good old duct tape took care of the repair, but I'm not happy that it happened. Maybe quality of materials have changed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had a tourmaster elite two piece for over ten years and have never have had any problems. This rain gear is so good that i really enjoy riding in the rain.:)

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
The snap on my FT jacket ripped away from the material when I was at SMRI in June. Good old duct tape took care of the repair, but I'm not happy that it happened. Maybe quality of materials have changed.
I had to put my FToggs on for ride last Sunday. The zipper is officially trashed. The only anchors left are the snaps, for now apparently.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the wife and I did get the Tourmasters. I used mine twice. Stores much easier than the Frog Toggs... Anyway, she had to special order in the XS, and they must have had to make them... it took forever..

Anyway, we took a ride yesterday to Cheaha Mountain in Alabama. It's the highest point in Alabama, and the leaves are starting to change. We had a great ride about 230 miles for a Sunday out and back... No pictures this time.:eek:

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
I have dririders. I have renamed them ,they are now called wetriders. But they are good in the dry.lol.

·
Super Moderator
28,452 Posts
Well, the wife and I did get the Tourmasters. I used mine twice. Stores much easier than the Frog Toggs...
Glad they worked out for you guys badg. I know we love ours. Ride safe.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
My 'el-cheapo' suit works pretty well as long as I get it put on fast enough. I keep telling myself that it's only going to spit a little and five minutes later I'm in a deluge and the suit's still in the saddlebag. Too soon old, too late smart I guess:D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a chance to use the new suit on the way to work last week. Worked pretty well, I am encouraged.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts