Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys took a nice weekend trip with friends, they have a hunting camp near Wellsboro Pa. Drove up Friday nignt (just had to watch carefully for our 4 legged friends) stayed at their place. Saturday drove to Watkins Glen NY. We went to the State Park & hiked down the Gorge. If you never did it & get to the Glen for other than a race make sure you see it. The scenery is AWESOME. Next we hit a couple Wineries (no drinking just getting bottles for the camp) & then headed back. About 10 miles from their place my headlights just went out, at this point we were in rain gear which we had to put on at the last winery. It was about 5:30 pm so I just stayed a little closer to the guy in font of me & we nursed it in. It poured the rest of the night. This morning we still had rain but climbing under the rain cover I found a blown fuse. Changed the fuse headed home in the rain & made it about 10 miles & it blew again. We ran it home without headlights & made it I'm happy to say.

Still with all the distress it was a great weekend.

I'm probably going to end up with another thread on this subject once I dig into bike to find out what's wrong. There are some things that may have attributed. It was the 1st trip with H4 bulbs. I'll give you guys more info later.

I may need help too.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Bill,

Glad you had a good weekend even with the problems. I'll be interested in the resolution to your problem.

I took a trip Saturday to Quakertown to meet with some folks from another board I'm on. Had breakfast and then I took a nice ride (about 180 round trip) back up 309 to home. No rain that day and the temps were in the 60's which is really great riding weather. Hoping to get some more rides in when the leaves begin changing.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two Wheel,

I wanted to set the stage on my problem. I am going to get into it this week and see what's up I may need help so I will keep posted. The down side is it looks like a short to me I pulled the fuse & it was splashed.:eek: I don't like shorts.

I'll tell you what is a nice ride if you want to see some colors. Go down 81S to Pine Grove exit into Pine Grove to 501S towards Lancaster nice towns down that way Litiz, Meyerstown etc. The only thing is you have to keep a close eye out for Amish buggies. Return trip can either be back 61 or 72. 72 is good because there is a good Honda dealer on the way Lebanon Valley Honda & the Pennsylvania Reneseance Faire/Winery. Makes for a real nice day.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Two Wheel,

I wanted to set the stage on my problem. I am going to get into it this week and see what's up I may need help so I will keep posted. The down side is it looks like a short to me I pulled the fuse & it was splashed.:eek: I don't like shorts.

I'll tell you what is a nice ride if you want to see some colors. Go down 81S to Pine Grove exit into Pine Grove to 501S towards Lancaster nice towns down that way Litiz, Meyerstown etc. The only thing is you have to keep a close eye out for Amish buggies. Return trip can either be back 61 or 72. 72 is good because there is a good Honda dealer on the way Lebanon Valley Honda & the Pennsylvania Reneseance Faire/Winery. Makes for a real nice day.
I've been down that way many times. My brother-in-law and his family lived in Lancaster, just off of Fruitville Pike for many years. So much of the farm land down there has been taken over by housing projects. Lots of good places to ride and good food too. I've stopped in the Honda dealer in Lebanon a couple of times and I think I even bought parts for my GL1500 once. Well ride safe and get working on that problem. Riding time is quickly passing...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts