Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saterday went to Cumberland to pick a another rider to head to Black Water Falls WV. On the way there the one Harley I was riding with quit on a mountain road.After some investigating we found he was not getting any gas.I had a small air compressor on my bike and we blew back thru the pet cock.What ever it was unblocked and we were on the road again. Made it to Black Water Falls then on to Deep Creek Md. for supper. Got home around 7:30,great weather, great friends, great ride.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i see you had a good time riding this weekend too

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Lucky you! My little " family " ride took us as far as Front Royal. Been there, don't that so many times the cashier at the 7-11 stop knows my name. Junior came with us on his CBR 1000 " cramp rocket " and we had to pull over a few times so he could straighten out his spine. It comes with the territory that we Wingers have the added responsibility of others performance and posture when riding in mixed company.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Sounds great...Participated in a Dice run this Saturday. To be honest, I just can't find the enjoyment that I do on a long run. Camaraderie was nice, but the riding was just ok. The weather was great for sure.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
A beautiful area still on my bucket list.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My short ride was from Columbia SC to Sumter SC meeting some friends and riding to Lexington SC for burgers at Lucky's then home to Cayce about 130 mile in all not much but good fellowship and clean air it's all good for the soul !

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lucky you! My little " family " ride took us as far as Front Royal. Been there, don't that so many times the cashier at the 7-11 stop knows my name. Junior came with us on his CBR 1000 " cramp rocket " and we had to pull over a few times so he could straighten out his spine. It comes with the territory that we Wingers have the added responsibility of others performance and posture when riding in mixed company.
I thought about you when we ate at Uno's, may not get back again this year.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
I thought about you when we ate at Uno's, may not get back again this year.
Never say never. I will admit, though, the days are fast growing short. I need about seven hours of total travel time to get there and back and I prefer daylight travel.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear you on daylight travel, the old eyes just don't see as well at night as they use to, plus I don't like to see those deer standing along the side of the road.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time. Love this time of year to ride in Pennsylvania. So much to see..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
This will likely be the last w/e for me to ride weather permitting of course. :( Ram, I'd rather see them forest rats standing there than not see them, can get a pretty mean ouchie when you don't see them:eek:

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Coach, coax, cajole, whatever ya gotta do chop. Winter's comin, she's just got to go for a ride!

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This will likely be the last w/e for me to ride weather permitting of course. :( Ram, I'd rather see them forest rats standing there than not see them, can get a pretty mean ouchie when you don't see them:eek:
What's your weather been like as of late. Hope you get your ride in. I see your point about seeing the deer.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
the days have been fair warm and pleasant, it's just the mornings (early) that are a bit testy. -5*c/25*f right now but clear. It's pitch dark when I leave for work and with siesmic truck convoys running the highways and forest rats and bullwinkles on the move I'm not comfortable riding to work anymore. I can live with the chill, but the fender ornaments I can do without. If Sunday is ok, I'll go for one last sppin on the wing before I put the stabilzer in the tank and put her away. Put the RC to bed already:(

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm going to try, I mean try, to get Mz. Vickie out to Skyline Drive this Sunday.
Lee are you getting out for a ride with Mz. Vickie today?

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Lee are you getting out for a ride with Mz. Vickie today?
Nope. She has some Real Estate appointments. I'm heading over to my Dentist's house this morning to fix his garage door and should get back by noon. GORDO is up in Hershey with the kids so the accessory job is a no go. Might end up becoming another laundry day.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I might get out for a ride later on today. We have a pretty good frost this morning.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts