Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great weekend in north west NM...took the girlfriend all over and the weather was great. Sunny and views for miles that were spectacular....I also hit 26000 only four more until the season is done...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
I saw these on facebook. Great weekend and great pics bro....Pic #2 looks like the Iron Butt Motel.

G

·
Ibalee, In vino veritas the Romans said. I had a few brewskies and now I wonder about your past posts. It appears that you or someone else did 10000 (ten thousand) miles in ten days.I don’t buy that. I have done, several times, 1000+ a day in a car for a day. That is kind of hard, To do it for 4 more days is torture, For another 5 days is insane. Therefore I consider it not to be true ,same as Charlaine story. Tomorrow I will regret my comment but now I’m fine with it.
Honest, Uncle Pete

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Ibalee, In vino veritas the Romans said. I had a few brewskies and now I wonder about your past posts. It appears that you or someone else did 10000 (ten thousand) miles in ten days.I don’t buy that. I have done, several times, 1000+ a day in a car for a day. That is kind of hard, To do it for 4 more days is torture, For another 5 days is insane. Therefore I consider it not to be true ,same as Charlaine story. Tomorrow I will regret my comment but now I’m fine with it.
Honest, Uncle Pete
Pete.....you've had one too many.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I saw these on facebook. Great weekend and great pics bro....Pic #2 looks like the Iron Butt Motel.
Thanks ref..I am smelling the tumble weeds...slowing down a bit..lol

Honest, Uncle Pete
Gizmo fair enough if you go to the Southern California Motorcycle Association and look at the four conrers tour you will see me listed under 2012...lee deleonard.
It only counts the miels from the first corner to the last corner..so it is not 10,000 miles. The ride from roswell to san Ysidro and the Key west to my end in Texas were not counted. I have not received my certificate yet for the IBA ride I am still waiting.
Perhaps if you practiced riding more and drinking less you might be able to complete a five thousand. I only started this to prove to myself I coudl do it...adn I did prove it tomyself. As for you believing or not beliveing...well I will be polite and say I really don't care.

Oh and Gizmo I am a Jersey boy born and raised. Part of your troubles may be you need to get the heck out of NJ....it pales to many other states with in teh country...I have only two more continental states to ride my bike in...next year maybe Alaska...artic circle.

and by the way my best ride in one day ..22 hours and 43 minutes was 1500 miles in texas...you would not be able to do that in NJ...whcih is too much of a police state...lol

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Had a great weekend in north west NM...took the girlfriend all over and the weather was great. Sunny and views for miles that were spectacular....I also hit 26000 only four more until the season is done...
Can't wait to head to the wide open spaces. Wife & I were just talking about it yesterday & hopefully we can stick to the plan.

By the way don't forget Dec is coming. I'll give you a call when we land in ABQ & we can see if our schedules will mesh.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
as usual, nice pics lee

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Nice pic's, looks like you had great weather accompanied by great roads.

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
Beautiful pictures, thanks for taking us along on the ride.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can't wait to head to the wide open spaces. Wife & I were just talking about it yesterday & hopefully we can stick to the plan.

By the way don't forget Dec is coming. I'll give you a call when we land in ABQ & we can see if our schedules will mesh.

I will do my best to make it up there to greet you both. I am going to the balloon festival this weekend. I have to take the car though we want to pick up a painting I saw last week that i really liked.

as usual, nice pics lee

thanks the Mrs...aka the girlfriend bought me a new cannon camera the rebel and I am still learning how to use it....

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
I will do my best to make it up there to greet you both. I am going to the balloon festival this weekend. I have to take the car though we want to pick up a painting I saw last week that i really liked.
You won't need to come up to ABQ. We are spending a night in Alamogordo & going to White Sands. We'll talk in November to solidify plans.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.