Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - newbie to this forum, so bear with me. I searched but was unable to find the answer I am looking for. When I got the bike new in 2010, I would get a small doppler window on my navigation screen down in the lower left corner. It was great because it warned of impending weather ahead of me. Now this year I noticed it was no longer functioning. I do have a subscription to XM for the radio and thought I read somewhere that there was an addition subscription to the weather and traffic function. Is this true? How do I go about gettign it updated and working again.
TIA, Peter

·
Banned
3,192 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Seattle. I really do wish I could help you with this.... as that would mean that I own a new wing. Mine is a 1994 1500.... but there will be some good natured folks come along and be able to answer your questions.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area. When you attend chapter meetings you will find friendly folks that ride the same motorcycle you do, and like the members of this forum, they know their motorcycle.

You can find a local chapter by going their website: http://www.gwrra.org

·
Registered
5 Posts
2012 Nav system

I have the 2012 and the weather and traffic do not come with the XM radio package. I purchased all three and they seem to work fine. If I remember correctly I couldn't purchase the weather separately without the traffic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the weather without the traffic on my 09 Goldwing and will have it on my 2012 when the free trial ends.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to the site first of all. As far as I know, the Wx and traffic are additional 'subscription' items that team with the XM. I believe there is a free trial term with the purchase of the bike and after that you need to subscribe. "Not available in Canada" as of yet to my knowledge.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think I had the same problem. Look in your NAVI manual and you will find an 800 number.

One thing; I used to see that little box in the lower corner and one day I pushed the lowest button on the left control and held it and the large screen came up. Shows the whole weather picture... I should read the manual!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think I had the same problem. Look in your NAVI manual and you will find an 800 number.

One thing; I used to see that little box in the lower corner and one day I pushed the lowest button on the left control and held it and the large screen came up. Shows the whole weather picture... I should read the manual!
As they say - RTFM!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts