Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2021 Goldwing DCT Tour, candy ardent red
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a weather app that shows the radar picture and is available on CarPlay?

Every so often I check Apple’s list of compatible apps but haven’t seen any weather apps yet. But, based on other threads here on the forum, I’m hoping there might be that Apple just hasn’t posted yet.

· Registered
2021 GL1800DA DCT Airbag
16 Posts
Yikes! No one knows of a weather app that works on CarPlay?
The issue is that Apple CarPlay only supports very specific apps (e.g. navigation, music, communication…), to my knowledge Weather apps are not supported at all, so no, there are no weather apps using CarPlay, at least not yet. Hopefully Apple will be changing this policy, e.g. only about a year ago they started to open up Carplay to additional software developers, before that developpers needed to apply and were often declined.

· Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found “Weather on the Go”. It’s supposed to show radar although the storms down south have not shown up yet. But you can create a route, not for navigation but for weather along the way. Plus you get 5 trips with all the features (there’s a free and pro version). It has some good features and I’m considering it.

· Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And I forgot to say that it’s carplay enabled

· Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got an email reply from the developer of “Weather On The Way”. He said that navigation is planned for a future update. If he can do that with a good nav system it will be the best app ever - combining a nav screen that shows precipitation along the way!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts