Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1985 ltd a bewtefull bike but lhe charging system is weak were should I look first or just take to a honda dealer:confused:

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... I Would Sniff Around For A Motorcycle Service/repair Shop In You're Area Before Going To A Dealer ... I Too Have A 85 Ltd Sure Enjoy Riding It And Get Lots Of Comments ... My Understanding Is That The Ltd Comes With The Larger Stator ... The Smaller Stators Have Problems ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
weak chargeing system reply

thanks for the info this is the first tim I ever got a response to aney quire on aney forem I,m impresed

·
Registered
692 Posts
thanks for the info this is the first tim I ever got a response to aney quire on aney forem I,m impresed
... HOWDY ... WELL MIKE YOU JUST HANG ON ... THERE IS LOTS OF INFO. AND OTHER TALL TALES HERE ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
check the plug from the stator to the rectifier

·
Registered
692 Posts
thanks guys i'll try and check it,I do have a clymer shop manuel
... HOWDY ... MIKE STAY AWAY FROM CLYMERS MANS. THEY HAVE INACCURATE INFO. IN THEM AND WILL END UP COSTING YOU ALOT OF GRIEF AND $$$ ... TRUST ME ON THIS ONE ... GET A "HONDA" SERVICE/REPAIR MANUAL ... ABOUT $55. FROM HONDA ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts