Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the plan for today was for lisa to come by and get the 1200 wing so we could ride to pioneer, ohio today but that plan fell apart when it started raining. i got to thinking about how dirty the 1500 wing was and a quicker way to wash it. about 20 minutes later it stopped raining so i headed out to the garage to find a nozzle with a soap despencer that i have but somehow it got broken and i'll fix it later. i was trying to get a wash in before it started raining again. the next thing i came across was one of those dial-a-sprayers that you use to measure weed and feed for the lawn but hey why not put some soap in it and wash the bike? while the water pressure was lower than i wanted it but it worked great and there was very little hand washing to be done. now i have a clean wing, the new cover from wingstuff is back on and its starting to sprinkle again

·
Super Moderator
11,950 Posts
Sounds like a easy way to wash the Wing(s), I'll have to give it a try. :)

·
Super Moderator
15,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my wing must have been dirty, when lisa stopped by yesterday she commented about how dirty it was. when i get back to home depot or lowes i'm going to look for a dial-a-sprayer that has a setting for water and no mix as well as the mix settings

·
Administrator
25,901 Posts
Have you tried the Mr Clean carwash gizmo? I use it at home on the car and truck as well as my bike once in a while. I have well water and lots of bicarbs disolved so it spots something fierce. The Mr Clean rig virtually elimiates spots. Takes a bit of hand wash efoortbut the results are great.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Try taking it through the automatic car wash. Just hold on tight when the brushed hit you...LOL

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
I think I will pass on the automatic. Doesn't look too fun

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I love it.... I think the last time Fossil, Doc, his brother and I were out we went through a rain storm like that.... LOL

·
Super Moderator
15,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try taking it through the automatic car wash. Just hold on tight when the brushed hit you...LOL
i went through the automatic car wash at work and other than a soapy windshield the wingwas still dirty, told them i could do it

·
Registered
751 Posts
A quick safe way to remove bugs is to soak the bike down and spray down with super clean and let it soak however do not let this stuff dry on the bike so if it starts to dry out apply a small shot of water the bugs will just wipe away. This stuff is strong so you will need to wax the areas that you sprayed for bugs. The Honda spray cleaner and wax works great and also is easy and fast to use.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Turtle Wax car wash liquid and water

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Re video: I KNEW there was a way to get a Harley woman clean!

(I did not write that!)

·
Super Moderator
11,950 Posts
Hey Joe,

Did you take your Wing through the automatic wash? It looks like it got squished!

:D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts