Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I bought my Wing, I had to trailer it home and it was a three hour journey in the rain. Needless to say it was a mess. Washing the Wing was like washing a friggin bus. Lots of surface area. I also polished the wheels to keep them from staining. May not be a problem on the Wing but it was on the Rocket. Funny thing is after polishing the rear wheel, I stepped back to admire it and you can't hardly see it. I'll get used to it, but it's alot different from cleaning my last bike which I just thought was a chore to wash. But once cleaned up, she sure is purdy.:D

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
When I bought my previously owned ( eight months ) 08 and got her home and did a belly- to- concrete inspection I thought the rear tire was powder coated black. The owner did a nice job of cleaning the areas he could see, but that was all. Don't worry, other Wing riders will notice your rear rims. The devil's in the details.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
It certrainly more fun riding them than washing them. Go ride and enjoy the opportunity. Up here the temp is 0 this morning, so take a ride for us shut ins....

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
There are times that I absolutely adore washing my bike, and then there's times that I freaking hate it! When it's done and the last water spot is gone, I'm always elated ad yeah, proud of it.:D

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
1. Elevate Wing on a bike jack.
MEANGREEN/WATER 50/50 mix in spray bottle
2. Mean/green- spray wheels/tires-use a paint brush to "scrub"-rinse wheels/tires
3. Use Mean Green/water Spray whole bike top to bottom.
4. Use jet nozzle setting-top to bottom(NO direct spray on switches.
5. Use cone nozzle setting-rinse top to bottom
6. Use mist nozzle setting-top to bottom
7. Use leaf blower to dry top to bottom
8. Original Cleaner/Polish(used to be Honda spray cleaner/polish) to do painted surfaces,windshield and wheels
9. Baby wipes for seat/backrest.
10. Windex for chrome
Total time, usually less than 1hr.
Results-stunning!
Just how I do it!

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Hey tf, lemme know if you're ever in north central Alberta...you can "take me to school" on your mehtod!:p:D

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I like the leaf blower idea. May have to try that one...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I to fine it pretty easy to wash my wing my 05 Royal Star that was a chore. Just did my rear wheel on my lift. Haven't hit her with a pressure washer yet but, i have read many have done so with out any problems at all. Going to try a shark steam cleaner on the bottom of the bike.The crazy things we Wing owners do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey, tfdeputydawg, I do mine the same way here in IL. but i use 50/50 spic &span ,leaf blower gets all the water out of cracks and no water spots when your done. I done my harley the same way. try it you'll love it. let us know what you think

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Soap, water and a bucket and a hose, I use turtle wax car washing solution, wet it soap it up, hose it off and blow dry it, stay away from the speakers with the leaf blower. I use simple green and a light brush on the bottom of the motor and all the undercarriage. Mothers mag wheel polish on the wheels and it looks great. Here is my C14 getting a bath
Notice the date on the picture NOVEMBER 30,, love that Calif weather!!!

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Soap, water and a bucket and a hose, I use turtle wax car washing solution, wet it soap it up, hose it off and blow dry it, stay away from the speakers with the leaf blower. I use simple green and a light brush on the bottom of the motor and all the undercarriage. Mothers mag wheel polish on the wheels and it looks great. Here is my C14 getting a bath
Notice the date on the picture NOVEMBER 30,, love that Calif weather!!!
Hey Joe ! We going to meet sometime the first week in April or what ? I'm going to rent a Goldwing this year for the first time.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Joe, that Kow looks sleek enough to just ride around the block and all the water would run right off it. Just so you know, I could have gone out and washed the Wing here in NE Pa today too. Of course it was a high temp of 9 and it would have looked like an ice sculpture when I was done....LOL

Glad your enjoying your new ride.. Ride safe

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Washing the Wing was like washing a friggin bus. Lots of surface area.:D
Now if you want a pain to clean try my baby. So many nooks and crannies. I bought a leaf blower because after washing I would take it for a good spin in my hood. When I get into the washing mode I will usually suck back a few beers and spend a couple of hours on her listing to good old rock and roll. Love that summer weather in Canada!! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Trying to figure out how I am going to wash my Wing this weekend. It was 10F this morning when I left the house so washing it any time soon is out of the question. Have to maybe use some baby wipes or something. I don't want to scratch it with the loose dirt on it. And yes, I am nuts. I ride even when it is cold. People do look at me funny. I Love the Gerbings heated clothing.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Look at the bright side Rex, no bugs to wash off! Badrider we must be cousins or something, that's my routine too. Joe, I could go into how unfair that is of you posting that and teasing us snowbound folk:(, but me Mum taught me to always be polite:D

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Hey, like take off eh?:D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Joe
That Connie is one fun motorcycle........:)

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I haven't washed mine in months,,,,,:mad:

·
Registered
793 Posts
I haven't even thought about my wing. Badly in need of cleaning, so anyone is welcome to come and clean it. I hit a puddle of water , due to a water main break, in the road yesterday, the water splashed on my windshield an froze in a heartbeat!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts