Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that do not get Cycle World magazine, the latest issue has their 10 Best Bikes for 2010.
The GL1800 won Best Touring bike for the 5th year in a row! The 1800 has won this class 8 times in the last 10 years.
It is an awesome machine!
Rob

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Not for us, but then again we are prejudice here.. Last thing we would say is we spend $20k on something that was not the best...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Others have tried and failed trying to take the top touring spot. Honda has the experience and resources to keep this wing or future wings ahead of their competors. It's theirs to win or lose.
In the mean time we get one heck of a ride.:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Its not hard to believe, is it ? They are an absolutely awesome machine all right.I'm about to attempt a modification on my 06 GL 1800.I don't know if this setup is unique to Australia, but the stop/tail lights on this model are in the top trunk,with the saddle bag "dummies" just sitting there going to waste.I've already managed to fit the stop/tail globe holder to both sides in the saddlebags (panniers) with the wiring harness ready to be hooked up to power.The trouble is getting power down there. I've noticed when i take the cover off the inside right stop/tail in the trunk there seems to be a tube funneling the wiring down...to who knows where.Some of the wiring harnesses that i got from cyclemax USA,in preparation for this little exercise, and supposedly "plug and play" seemed to be totally useless to my particular model.I've got led light modifications on the trunk and panniers and these are brilliant. I don't think you can have too much lighting on a bike,because we really need to stand out at night. Once i sort out my stop/tail lights on the panniers and get them operating, I'll be happy...until I get a led spoiler ha..ha. There's always something, isn't there....Aaaah but isn't it great fun.I am amazed at the number of times when we are on a club(social) ride, and stop for a coffee somewhere, people just seem to swarm around my bike, and totally bypass three others in our group, that have been really heavily customized and look sensational.I'm 63 but i must confess that I'm like a kid with a new toy.
Cheers
Graham from Downunder

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
It's going to be sad when they do "The 10 Best Bikes for 2011" and the Wing is not there, just what will take its place: The Royal Star Venture, The Harley Ultra Classic, The Victory Vision or The Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager? Think about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts