Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
upgrade but being that I now have 3019 miles on my Wing thats less than a month old, I might as well wait until 4k ...

LETS RIDE !! :)

·
Super Moderator
9,880 Posts
Weather must be great for riding down in NC. Wish I could say the same for PA..

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heated gear is the trick ... its get cold and yesterday was real windy but no frozen precip on the roadway (yet).

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
Just remember that it (frozen precip) can be lurking in the shadows. Dilligence is due!

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Seriously riding with loafers. What a nobhead.:mad:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks for the reminder of why I'm so sceered of wet and cold.

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
Great pair of fingerless gloves too. Knobhead's lucky he didn't loose a whack of hyde and get a bunch of broken bones in the process. What's really funny is he had to get help to upright the Vision. Can't do the time then don't do the crime!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Luckily its got as high as 66 midday here .. no precip at all .. but a few weeks ago we hit Roan Mountain there was ice in the shadows.

Sucks to see this man !! Thats an expensive bike, Im sure all bashed up.

For me ... All my gear all the time .. even in the 90+ degree summers. Full face helmet, full figure gloves, Tourmaster Flex II jacket and pants (panels taken out in summer to turn both into mesh), harness boots. Wife will ride with tee shirt and jeans behind me. I made it clear - I dont want to hear "look at what you did to me" should the unfortunate happen.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im not too sure either .. guess Ill have to let it all play out ... got the 1-866-784-1870 Honda number. Gave them a call .. they told me to bring it to the dealer .. so .. we'll have to see. I read someplace that the upgraded firmware 2.5 had probs also .. maybe I read it here ... once I get the Nav done, Ill post here and let eveyone know how it went for me.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Truer words never spoken. Although I think this guy should have seen this coming.
He wasn't going very fast. Do you reckon he tapped the brakes? Seems to me that had he just let off the throttle... I'm trying to think what would work in that situation. It's been 35+ yrs since I rode in the snow with ice packed down by cars.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Seriously riding with loafers. What a nobhead.:mad:
Geez....The temps had to be low. Loafers, Fingerless gloves...talk about ill equipped. Nice bike though!!!:)

·
Super Moderator
14,473 Posts
He wasn't going very fast. Do you reckon he tapped the brakes? Seems to me that had he just let off the throttle... I'm trying to think what would work in that situation. It's been 35+ yrs since I rode in the snow with ice packed down by cars.
Looked to me either he tapped the brakes or leaned a little. Keeping it straigt should have carried him across it. I ran into this last year with some ice and snow hanging in where it was shaded. Used to ride up in the UP of Michigan where I attended college and we rode as long as there was no snow on the road. Maybe I'm just luckier than this guy.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Ya know it is not just the ice that can get ya. The sand and salt are good reasons to leave the bike in the garage. The one and only time I rode in the snow (not counting the dirt bike days) I was more worried about the cages sliding all around me than me falling. I went about 2 miles and turned around and went home.

·
Registered
31 Posts
These are the steps I followed to get my Nav system updated.

I complained to my dealer about my Nav system re-booting on it's own. He contacted the Honda tech line and they suggested cleaning the pins and contacts on the SD cards. I did that and I believe it reduced some of the random re-booting isues, but not the re-booting when it was following certain routes.

I contacted American Honda at the 800 number in the owners manual and complained about the Nav system. They had me take the bike to my dealer. He removed the Nav system and overnighted it to Honda. Honda said they couldn't load new software into my unit because of a corrupted file. They sent me a new unit with firmware Version 2.5. The old version was 2.2. I had to re-register the XM radio with XM because it had a new radio ID.

Honda normally just loads the new software and ships it back. My radio had an unusual problem.

My dealer shipped the Nav unit out on Tuesday and I picked the bike up Thursday afternoon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts