Honda Goldwing Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I would say just go find coffee and Breakfast, will save time and space. I know I will move a lot faster breaking camp if the reward is finding coffee, vs sitting around drinking it and thinking about taking down the tent.

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
Sound plan.

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
The Superintendent of the Blue Ridge Parkway is on my Incident Management Team and rides a Yamaha Stratoliner. I just let him know that we would be on his road for a day and asked if he wanted to ride along. (What LEO would give us a ticket if the BOSS was with us?) His office is in Ashville, NC so that's a no. He said to have fun but stay sane. No get out of jail free cards for us.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I got lots of goodies ordered today, so thinking next weekend we have a Cinco de Mayo garage day, and get the bikes ready for the trip.

So that means Mexican beer!!

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts
:icon_drink: . :icon_drink: . :icon_drink: . :icon_drink: . :laugh2:

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
I got lots of goodies ordered today, so thinking next weekend we have a Cinco de Mayo garage day, and get the bikes ready for the trip.

So that means Mexican beer!!
Sounds like a plan. I have some maps also and we can look at the routes and places to stop. I'll bring some beer from south of I-20 and cigars.

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
We bees waitin

:icon_biggrin:

Reactions: WARWGN

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
10 days, 8 hours!
No it's not. It's 8 days and 8 hours.

I get to leave this fire just after lunch tomorrow. Overnight in Wichita Falls and then home Friday. Picking up the bike Saturday. We need to go over maps if you have any time this weekend. Otherwise I'll be packing.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
yep, gotta do some dry run packing myself. Also gotta chane the oil still and rear brakes n stuff, and mow the yard. Gonna be a busy hectic 8 days.

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
I've been gone for 18 days so I know the yard needs cutting and the bike needs an oil change. New tires need breaking in too.

Reactions: Two Wheel Wing

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
well we have made good time, its been hot but now relaxing in PA. Little over 1000 miles under us and only about 7000 more to go, give or take.

·
Registered
837 Posts
You guys have fun. Ride safe thru the crazy stuff in the big cities up east.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
You guys have a great trip. And be careful of those Canadian traffic signs.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
We'll be sitting in our recliners with a/c and a cold one vicariously sweating under our helmets too. Us arm chair adventurers are a tough breed. We even have AAA if we run out of brew. Y'all have a marvelous journey you bunch of hooligans. :wink2:

Reactions: Eric

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Figured out my gas for the whole trip

Fuel Estimate $600.00 (35 fill ups at $15 bucks each then rounded up)
Actual ($579.34 35 fill ups at $16.55 each on average. 152.9 gallons total)

I am shocked I came in at exactly 35 fill ups :DramaLlama: that was a damn good guess!!

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
I was going to start a new thread with a complete report and pictures. I'm going through pictures now and was going to get it out this weekend. But I just was told I'm going to Leakesville for a Family Reunion this weekend.

When you get caught up and can help with my clutch and brake fluid flush let me know. I'll run over there one morning.

Reactions: W1ngin1t
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.