Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been warn out lately with my sons wedding in my back yard so I decided to have the air cleaner, breaks fluid and final drive oil done at the dealers. It was very interesting to see all the Squirrel acorn on top of my old air cleaner. WOW it was coated. We shouldn't have that trouble any more since it will be kept in the garage from now on. Still have an erratic ideal so I'm taking it back for them to look at the vacuum lines and to balance the carbs. Getting close!

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts
The acorns were making it run rich. The carbs probably need a good cleaning.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
I know what you mean. I made a short lived effort at replacing my Hi-Beam bulb. I called this morning and the dealer said bring it in. We will have you out in 20 minutes. I jumped at it for $52. Best money I spent today.

·
Banned
15 Posts
I know what you mean. I made a short lived effort at replacing my Hi-Beam bulb. I called this morning and the dealer said bring it in. We will have you out in 20 minutes. I jumped at it for $52. Best money I spent today.

Ref, I hear ya. There are some things I tackle myself, but other jobs, I have a good dealer who I pay to do it. I'm too ham handed to change the headlight bulbs. I'm not rich, but I'd rather pay someone to do the job right rather than screw it up myself.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
have you run any seaffom through those carbs yet doug

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Sometimes it's worth it not to have to do the fiddling about with things.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
There is a vacuum that runs right by one of the spark plugs I THINK it's on the left bank. That has been known to crack on more than a few 1500 wings.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
You can mouse/squirrel proof the wing air cleaner with 1/4" hardware screen. Just got to get to the air intake. Measure the opening then cut the screen 2 inches over size in both directions. Cut 1" out of each corner. Then fold the tabs over the edge of the intake opening and run a thin strip of duct tape around the tabs to hold the screen in place.
Work fine last a long time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.