Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a question.

I was given an older Windjammer (late 70's I think). Anyways it had been sitting a few years and I had intentions of fixing it up and getting it running, but never got around to it. It's currently sitting in a storage shed. But I would like to stop paying for the shed, so it has to go. I would like to get as much as possible for it.

So a little info on the bike.

I don't have a title for it. It does have a key. Odometer reads 64,xxx if I remember correctly. I put a crappy battery in it and the neutral light came on, but I don't think it had enough juice to start it. Needs work, it's not the prettiest bike. But I do think it would make a good parts, or maybe even project bike for someone.

Here are a pictures of it. I know they aren't the best, but it's all I've got.

Sorry the pictures are so big.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Looks like you have a "rough" bike. Do you have history or documentation on the bike?
Do you have the missing parts? All of that will go into determining a price.
Kelly blue book has a value of $1,690 for a 1979 GW in good condition. Maybe
that may help. The real test is what someone wants and what they are
willing to spend. Good luck..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey Skid -- I've always said you know the price is right when the buyer and the seller both have a smile on their face. That when both wants are satisfied. Good luck to you - Ron

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
skid,

Not trying to add to your thought process, but have you considered parting it out either on our site or Ebay. The reason I say that is you may get more for it in the long run although it will be a lot more work.

You may be surprised at how many guys are looking for parts for an older bike.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
he has no title which will be a problem all its own. if it was titled in his name he shouldn't have a problem obtainging another title. that an 1100 standard wing TWW

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Good point detdr. I don't know about the rules Stateside, but can you part out a bike without a title, seems to me a title would only apply to a 'streetable' machine.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Good point detdr. I don't know about the rules Stateside, but can you part out a bike without a title, seems to me a title would only apply to a 'streetable' machine.
he could part it out or sell it whole as a parts bike but w/o a title he'll get less money offered for the whole bike

·
Registered
157 Posts
It is his 1st post with no state mentioned.

He can have the DMV run a title search and find who has the title and go from there or he can pay for a title search and obtain 1 that way.
I have done it several times on bikes. Kinda slow.
Some states only require a bill of sale after a certain age/year.
There is a title company in Birmingham, Alabama that can help him. I am not sure if they are restricted to certain states.
Do a google search. I found this

http://search.dmv.org/dmv/motorcycle-title-search
http://www.ehow.com/how_5910748_search-motorcycle_s-title-history.html
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_obtain_a_title_on_a_motorcycle_in_which_the_title_was_lost_but_the_frame_has_good_VIN_numbers_and_how_much_will_it_cost

Due to the condition/age and no title it's not worth much. Few hundred maybe if the right person comes alone. Parting it out is the best option.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i agree dirtdobber

1 - 9 of 9 Posts