Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I joined this forum, to find out as much about the Goldwing as possible before purchasing. I am newly retired, and have ridden as a motor cop for years. I love riding and am looking at the Goldwing big time. First off what can be said about the 2010? There are a number of left overs that dealers are trying to get rid of. What about buying new? Does the goldwing loose much of its value after purchase or does it retain its value? I'm currently looking at a 2010 GL18HPNAM originally listed at $26,599, now down to $22,998. Doesn't sound like much of a drop for a 2010 to me. Is that reasonable? Should they take more off seeing that the 2012 are just being released? I've never purchased a new motorcycle before. Any input would be appreciated as I am trying to gather as much info as possible before pulling the trigger on the purchase.
Thank You

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello gnrhgw, welcome to GWOF. sorry i can't be of much help the last new bike i bought was a '72 hodaka wombat

·
Registered
32 Posts
Having bought 3 new hondas my current one an 08 wing Ihave always used the web to reserch the current prices a lot of the time ebay has a buy it now price that is lower than what hey have offered me but after going around and around with them they usually met my price I feel if youike the bike and it is within range of the price you wanted to pay the fact that the dealer may be more accessable then a better priced one then that would make a difference also.Just my 2 cents

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. When I bought my 09 base model my price was $4,200 off the MSRP. I think Honda is also offering $1,000 in accessories. Hope those numbers help.. Where is home for you? Sometimes that has an effect on the price.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Bought my wing brand new May 2010. I figured I had to make payments might as well be new. I looked on ebay an all over the web for about two years. A you see I have a 08 air bag I paid 19,300 plus tax. Brookhaven MS. Smiled the way home. Enjoy your retirement you earned it. A fellow rider just retired an found out 2 days later he has colon and bladder cancer. 47 years old...Life is a gift get want you want!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Welcome from Orygun
I just purchase a 2010 in January

If you do buy the 2010 do not buy the warranty from the dealer the same Hondaline warranty can be purchased for much less elsewhere.
If you get the $1000 in accessories buy the options and put them on yourself.

There are a few great bikes on the forums for sale but you just retired enjoy get the new one.

·
Registered
223 Posts
check out the post on price of new 2010 in Arkansas....sunrise honda......couple thousand less.....fly in and ride home no matter where you live $2000 savings will make a nice long ride home.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Bikes will depreciate the most in the first year after purchase; up here it amounts to about a 25% hit and the second year is negligable. The new Wings up here have a $6000 rebate on them ($5k from Honda Canada and $1k from the dealer) so that's a sale price of a 2010 is $23,999 base and $25,499 for the airbag model. the down side is we pay a heckuva bigger price than yuz do:(. Both models are $30k + regular price. There isn't huge mark-up on bikes, about 12% at full msrp. In regards to the accessories, if you have them put on at the dealer, they carry the same warranty as the bike, none if you install them yourself.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Last October I bought a brand new '10 fully loaded - except for the airbag. $2374 out the door - with $1000 worth of free stuff.

·
Registered
198 Posts
After hanging here for about a year I bought my first Goldwing in January. Its the base model and I paid 19,000 and also got the $1,000 acc. and an extra year warranty. Its a 2010. I looked for a while and could have bought used but for not much less so I'm happy with my choise. And I love the Goldwing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts