Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the research phase of my journey. I am fairly sure what I want but am sure I will learn bunches from the members of this community. I am closing in on retiring from a career working in the Emergency Department as a nurse practitioner. I would like to spend more time traveling the US on a trike with my lovely wife. Wish us luck!

· Administrator
29,757 Posts
Should be lots out there.

Do you know what you are looking for??? ie: Year, Model of GW, Trike manufacture?

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be lots out there.

Do you know what you are looking for??? ie: Year, Model of GW, Trike manufacture?
Pretty much. 2018 or newer, GL1800 Tour DCT with a trike conversion by CSC or Roadsmith, relatively low mileage, performance disc brakes, Anti roll bar, ground effects, trunk light, tie downs, front rake kit, aux fuel tank, air ride suspension. I may be leaving something out but that pretty much covers it.

· Super Moderator
8,123 Posts
Welcome Aboard.
How far are you from Conroe TX? There is a shop in Conroe called Cut 'N Shoot Customs and you may want to talk to Randy. He has some very nice ones for sale.

· Registered
2,141 Posts
There at least was a place in Gatesville Tx that dealt only in trikes

· Registered
2007 Crucible Orange GL1800 converted to CSC Viper
44 Posts
For Roadsmith, the go to place seems to be KD Cycles. They will also ship which would save you the trip to their place. They seem to have many satisfied customers. I do know one in particular that lives in south suburb of Chicago who bought from them and couldn't say enough good things about them. They have several low mile DCT trikes in stock. Maybe reach out to them

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For Roadsmith, the go to place seems to be KD Cycles. They will also ship which would save you the trip to their place. They seem to have many satisfied customers. I do know one in particular that lives in south suburb of Chicago who bought from them and couldn't say enough good things about them. They have several low mile DCT trikes in stock. Maybe reach out to them

Thanks. I'll check them out

Thank you

· Registered
2021 Goldwing DCT Tour, candy ardent red
461 Posts
Definitely keep us posted as some of us are thinking the same exact thing down the road.

· Registered
2021 Goldwing DCT Tour, candy ardent red
461 Posts
My two brothers and I rented Harley trikes a few years ago for the fun of it. We all agreed that no rear suspension was a bad thing! Although I’m not ready to convert to a trike now, I am already excited about a GW trike in the future!

· Registered
686 Posts
I was fortunate to come across a 2019 GL1800 Tour with a CSC conversion built by Cut N Shoot Customs for sale here in Houston.

Thanks to Randall at Cut N Shoot Customs for his assistance in making helping me make my decision.

View attachment 282897
Now you got to join Triketalk.com.....Randall started this webb site, it's good if you have a trike...
Ronnie
1/13/23

· Administrator
16,328 Posts
Glad to see you found what you were looking for. Enjoy the ride.

Reactions: Luv2fish

· Registered
3,811 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Nice looking trike. Hope you get lots of miles on it. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is my first opportunity to reply to posts over the past week or so. I was discharged from an 8 night stay in the hospital yesterday. Had a GI bleed and required surgery to correct it. It will be at least a month before I can get on the trike again.

To Burnerboy: I became a member of TrikeTalk.com after meeting with Randall, he has a great site. I agree that I lucked into a great bike. Can't wait to get on it again.

To Crownfire: Thank you.

To NJMike: I have not owned a 2 wheeler since around 1992 when I sold my Honda Shadow 1100. When my wife and I decided on retirement plans she expressed an interest in visiting as many State and National Parks as we could and I thought it would be a fun to do on a bike. Knowing my physical limits I decided that it would be more comfortable and stable (safe) to do on 3 wheels. At first I looked at the Spyder and Slingshot. The more I read the more I learned (obviously). I kept reading about the advantages of the trike conversion kits and the HD TriGlide. I was sold on the DCT transmission and the reliability of the GW.

Thanks SuperDave

1 - 20 of 24 Posts