Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an old style markland hitch knowing I would modify it more like a hidden hitch. Found an untitled, unused trailer and put it in the shed last May.

Finally had a Saturday to dig in and weld up the hitch. I tore up half the back end of the bike as I had no directions but it went back together ok.

Added eye bolts to interior of the trailer and added bungy cords to hold cargo in place along with the grippy mat stuff used in tool box drawers along with velcro strips. And thanks to others here, an interior, tap light in the top lid.

Took the Mrs. up to Hanging Rock (75 miles one way) for a picnic to test it out.
Yahoo, so far so good.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Very nice.
I am still waiting on my hitch to arrive from Bushtec. The 2012 hitches are on backorder big time.

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
Looks good.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Welcome the world of trailering. Now you'll be able to take more stuff along then you'll ever possable need.:D
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

Oh Yeah nice looking rig.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Nice job Tim, The ever evolving screen name, yeah you guessed it.

Live2Tow:D

I'll bet you never thought you would have to pull the Wing apart again after you painted it?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice job Tim, The ever evolving screen name, yeah you guessed it.

Live2Tow:D

I'll bet you never thought you would have to pull the Wing apart again after you painted it?

LOL-how about live2spinwrenches

This was a labor of love. I want to take longer trips, the wife just can't pack more than 2 nights with just 1 bag This is an example of how we negotiate - just spend more money :(

and yes, Foss, I swore I would never take this apart again. And I had just put on the rear tire before we found the trailer. Timing is everything.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Cool beans L2R, your imagination and execution are inspiring.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome the world of trailering. Now you'll be able to take more stuff along then you'll ever possable need.:D
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

Oh Yeah nice looking rig.

grandpa says were about to run :eek: out of everything he never had.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a nice job; It looks a lot like one my buddy just got from Costco. His is a neat deal, L.E.D. lights, carpeted floor, gas struts to hold the lid open, 12" wheels, torsion suspension, AND it has a rear receiver that you can use to stand the whole thing up on end with an included floor bracket in your garage!..$995.00...nice deal.:D
HaHa, that is the world we live in- Mine isn't 24 hours old and it's already obsolete. :confused:

·
Registered
470 Posts
When I first saw the price I thought "off shore",but, actually it's built here in Quebec..Canada!:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts