Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
I truly would rather have multiple motorcycles than multiple women :D. One women = good esp when you have been with her for 1/2 your life and she, honestly makes you a better person. More than one motorcycle = good esp if that one women just shakes her head and says your crazy (an thats all).
I just recently went from 2 to 1. I have the best motorcycle in the world, however I want a ST1300. It is gonna take a couple more years but I will park one in the garage and the ONE women will just say...Well this is a public forum I cant write what she will say! :D:D

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Have fun riding with your boys but remember bar hopping and bikes don't mix,

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I like both of my oldies! I like riding the magna around for shorter trips one up but i love the ride and comfort of the wing!!

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Relating ..........

Yes I can relate, my wife thinks Im nuts also. I have an 04 Wing bought new and has 112,000 miles on it. I just bought an 07 1800R VTX. It has windshield, leather bags and floor boards, and a Mustang seat. I rode it for 30 min as a test. Took it out on the freeway at 85, I couldn't beleive how smooth it is. Yes I can relate! I cant wait to go for a 200 miler! BTW the exhaust is box stock, ill leave it that way too. First time I have ever had 2 bikes.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I suppose I fit in here somewhere.
I have several bikes. The plan was to sell the other bike at the time I purchased the new bike. Every time I think about putting 1 up for sale I go for a ride on it and change my mind. Being retired an living some of the dreams I had when I was young is fun.

My VTX is under the blue cover behind the Goldwing

It's under construction again.

dd

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
2 bikes / 2 riders

I just bought my Wing about a month ago. My girlfriend and I both had bikes 5 yrs ago but sold them. Fast forward 5 yrs, I buy mine and she says she's OK without. Well we went for our first ride with her as the passenger and when we finish up I ask her how she liked it. She says "It's not the same". Translation = "I want my own motorcycle"

I ain't no fool! So now we have 2 bikes... here's her new (2009) VTX1300R

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
That sure is a pretty motorcycle(so is your girl friend :D I mean no disrespect). I like the rims only thing it will be a bit time consuming to clean them. I attempted to teach my wife to ride, even sent her to MSF class. Some girls just prefer to leave the driving to others.
Ride safe-both of you!!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Thank you Ralphumor... no worries and no offense taken. Almost everytime we'd pull in to a gas station, the fellas would gather around her bike and just marvel over the bike and the bling (yeah right). I expect it will be much the same this time too. All I know is I could spontaneously combust and I'm not sure anyone would notice ;).

Actually she insisted on NO SPOKES. Her 750 Shadow had spokes and she loved the way they looked but hated cleaning them. She actually liked the wheels on her new bike.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wish I could have kept my VTX 1800 Retro (red) and the 750 Shadow (wife's) but was running out of room in the garage and there ain't no way they were staying outside. That just wouldn't be right. They were both great rides, each served a purpose. Loved the power and style of the VTX and the Shadow was great for short trips around town. If I could have kept them all I surely would have.

The Wing easily takes the place of both of them. I do miss them....but I'm starting to get over it.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I DO know what u mean.

I have an 04 Wing, bought new and kept in shape for 113,000 miles. 5 months ago I bought an 07 VTX 1800R and I'm crazy about it. I almost sold the Wing but couldn't quite bring myself to buy the "for sale" signs. Now I'm cleaning out space in the garage for 2 bikes. Best 2 bikes in the world! Under 300 mile trips, take the X, for real rides take the Wing!

One look at the new Wing (2012) I can say I won't be tempted. Why, mine is paid for and just as good, (prettier too). I wonder if they cured the "wing wobble"?

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
I had a 2006 VTX 1300, which I sold when I bought the 2005 Wing. We also have two Kymco 50 scooters for runs to the grocery store and a 2007 Burgman 650. I bought the Burgman for my wife, but ride it around town more than she does. Handles great and very fast off the mark. I miss the VTX 1300, but didn't have room in the garage for 5 bikes.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
5 ? Nice. Life just isnt fair. We are forced into eliminating one of 5 bikes. Sarte was right
( I think ).

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have an '06 VTX 1300S and I recently purchased an '85 GL1200 Interstate. While I have used my VTX for cruising and touring, I plan to do a lot of riding on the Wing as well. The Wing will become my 'daily rider'. Even though I have to wear a suit to work everyday, I have the hardbags to store my jacket and laptop (which I can't do on the VTX).
I recently found a great CL deal and picked up a '95 Interstate with 76k miles. After changing the timing belts, coolant, oil and filter, I put a set of E3's and I'm ready for a trip to the Americade, the Wing Ding and the west coast later this summer.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
I bought my 94 Wing to try it out. I sold my Volusia (cruiser) after it sat being ignored for 6 months. Then I sold my Helix as I was no longer riding that bike for in town jaunts.

Then I bought a dual sport. I am happy with my choices and I have always had at least one bike, sometimes two and at times three.

I always said the use of the bike will decide its fate.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I usually never feel comfortable with more than one bike, especially if they overlap in usage as most of mine have in the past. However, as long as I keep the trike kit on my GL1500, I expect no competition with my Harley Ultra Classic; with the trike kit, the 6cyl GW is primarily for 2-up and trailer pulling, while the Harley is primarily my daily ride.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In the first 40 years of riding, I never had more than one bike at a time. Never saw the need for more. After I retired I was back on a wing with my 84 Aspy. After my wife rode on the back of a friends triked out 1500 she thought that would be better for our long rides (500 or more miles). So I got a GW trike. Then I found a 72 Cb750k2. Having had my best riding memories on my 74 Cb750, I just had to have it. So there I was with now 3 bikes...Then crash goes the trike, I wasn't thrilled with the ride on a trike anyway, so compromised with the wife for the 98 1500 with the landing gear set up. She was fine with that. Could not justify two two wheel wings, so the 84 Aspy went on the "for sale" list. It is now spoken for and should be gone in a couple of weeks. That is assuming the guy comes up with the money as he stated. Should not be a problem, have done business with him before and made sales too him of double the amount we are talking here ($3500). So I'm still a happy camper. Have the 98 wing and the Cb750, two great rides.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Flimo, i like them both but the Wing rig is really pretty.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Since my post in 2010, I have definitely been bitten by the 'Wing' bug and purchased a '78 GL1000, a '79 GL1000 and a '95 GL1500.

The GL1500 is now my long distance bike (can't beat the comfort) and my GL1200 is the bike I ride the most often around town.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Well, my tell is a little different. My little honey of 43 years rides her own 2004 VTX1300S. She is actually a better rider than me. I just bought my 2015 Wing about 2 weeks ago. Keeping the 2005 Harley Electroglyde to take to Texas. We already have a 2005 1100 Yamaha over there we bought from a good friend last year. This is getting a little crazy but our logic is sound-----I think. Add in the Honda Foreman and the Kubota ATV for the farm and I think we have enough. At this point, none are for sale. However, with all the other engines I have to maintain it is getting a little tedious. I will do the 4000 on the Wing tomorrow and I am through for a while. Praise the Lord!!!!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.