Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to purchase the Vstream Special Edition for my 08 1800 a few weeks ago. When swapping them out, I decided to take a pick of the two windshields to clearly identify the differences. The Vstream is on the bottom and I layed the stock on top. You can see the Vstream is slightly taller and the wider at the top. Also, the vent is slightly higher but on the few rides I've taken since the install, it is not in my way (I'm about 6'2").

The install was made easier from the youtube instructions...took maybe an hour. I took a ride with the windshield all the way down (since I prefer to look over the top of the windshield) and did notice a quieter environment and no head buffeting. I haven't taken the wife with me yet (that was the main reason I went with the Vstream) but anticipate she'll be happy. It looks really good on the bike and I am happy.

I hope this helps some of you who are trying to figure out the best option for you. Good luck!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,785 Posts
Helps me out a lot. By next year I plan on having one or the other ( Windbender ). Maybe sooner if " her " ride report is positive. How much is this comfort going to cost Mz. Vickie ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$395 (gulp)... They way I look at it..."happy wife, happy life"...and I get to RIDE!

The Vstream special edition is also thicker...well made. I will try and post another reply when we go for a longer ride and have the windshield down to the lowest level. Weather in N. CA is not good now...may not be for a few weeks.

Guess I'll be forced to go out into the garage and do some more polishing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts