Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to install a voltmeter from ADV Monster on my 2008 ABS Navi Wing. This meter is a 3 wire unit that allows the meter to read target voltage (the battery directly) but pick up power from a switched circuit. Question is, what is the easiest switched circuit to access, minimal panel removal etc.
I plan on mounting the meter with velcro just above the Goldwing logo and below the ignition key slot. I'm keeping it simple.
Any suggestions are welcome including alternate locations for the meter.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
I'm a wiring doofus so no help to you there. Hopefully one of our more qualified 'sparkies' will chime in.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
If it's a 1500 look in the fuse box under the left side cover, might be the same place on the 1800. At the top of the fuses are two screw for accessory's, one is marker + the other is - the plus is switched on and off with the key. That where you want to get the Turn On voltage.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I'm about to install a voltmeter from ADV Monster on my 2008 ABS Navi Wing.
He said it's an 08 so it's an 1800 but the same acc. connection is at the top of the fuse box.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Voltmeter wiring

If it's a 1500 look in the fuse box under the left side cover, might be the same place on the 1800. At the top of the fuses are two screw for accessory's, one is marker + the other is - the plus is switched on and off with the key. That where you want to get the Turn On voltage.
Hope this helps
Just like you said.
Worked out great. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dude, literally love this thread. Was having the same issue and trying to figure out where to connect my Voltmeter and tadddaaa! All good. Also, can I connect multiple + and - feeds to this? I'm installing a USB charger and wondering if that will affect anything. Not trying to fry anything and debating whether to upgrade the alt as well since these things will be sucking up the battery life. Thanks :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yes, you can connect multiple devices to the ACC, but it is only rated for 5 amps total, IIRC.

There are fuse blocks available if you want to connect directly to the battery instead, and some offer partial or fully switched / relayed connections (or a mixture of both).

Any USB device is going to pull such a small current that it won't require upgrading your alternator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.