Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am having charging prob on 93 1500A. manuel says regulator/rectifier inclusive in alternator. However, wingstuff and others selling stand alone voltage regulators. Bought what was advertised as voltage regulator off ebay and it appears to actually be reverse/starter motor resistor mounted behind battery box. Does this have anything to do with charging system?
used to HD's out of my element here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have 3 alts now. just need the mystery of seperate regulator solved. will upgrade to compufire if all my alts are defective. but thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,665 Posts
Am having charging prob on 93 1500A. manuel says regulator/rectifier inclusive in alternator. However, wingstuff and others selling stand alone voltage regulators. Bought what was advertised as voltage regulator off ebay and it appears to actually be reverse/starter motor resistor mounted behind battery box. Does this have anything to do with charging system?
used to HD's out of my element here.
Most of the stand alone reg/recs you see for the GL's are for 1200's and older. The 1500 & 1800 use the self-contained alternator with the reg/recs inside. Normally when they get rebuilt the brushes also get replaced.
The part you purchased has nothing to do with the charging system.
In the photo is the stand alone used for older GL's.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
What Trike Lady says !!! Replace the whole unit with a known good one.

From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts