Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Voltmeters -

Hey Dayta, There are lots of inexpensive digital voltmeters around. I've helped to install a couple of the rectangular style models using velcro tape to hold it in place so the panels can be easily removed. Some owners like to have them sunk into the fairing. Here are just a couple very basic models available.

http://www.wonmeter.com/digital-voltmeter-c-18

Here some photos indicating how they look installed.

http://www.bikemeters.com/cgi-bin/w...o135778813775&command=link--goldwingpics.html

Good Luck, Michael :)

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Dayta,

That's the same one I plan on getting for my 95 SE. Yep pricey, but is easy to mount and easy to put back to stock. He did not have any in stock when I talked to the owner 2 months ago.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks JK. Those look great and are more kind to my pocket. I guess I'm a lil' partial to the one from Dave's because of the gear indicator. There have been a few times when I thought I was in one gear but was in another. It didn't cause any harm or dangerous situations, but a reminder of what gear I'm in sure wouldn't hurt.

Dayta
I just had to add my two cents here regarding the gear indicator. To me, this should be a standard offering on all motorcycles. I know many riders don't think they're necessary or don't want them even if offered. I have one on my 05 GL1800 and I love it. It's always a good reminder and reference to verify what gear you're in. Just my opinion,,,.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
I'm gonna play 'devil's advocate' here...what will happen if we ever end up with a six speed transmission if we tend to forget what gear we're in now?;)

Dayta, I'd say get the meter that rings the bell for your personal wants and tastes. Be a shame if you put one in and then later wish you'd gotten another.:(

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
I just purchased one of the small meters off eBay for $3.28 shipped.

·
Registered
306 Posts
FYI on the mechanical voltmeters, I bought one for my 1800 and due to the fact it sits outside at work all day the needle has faded for red to white.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
This is the voltmeter I built for my bike.
[/IMG]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.