Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We left Poquoson va. on my birthday 9/11 and drove on rt 58 west to Martinsville va. and stayed the night . Sunday we continued west on 58 to Meadows of dan va. where we got on the Blue Ridge Parkway heading north. First stop was Mabey Mill. Drove to Buena Vista and stopped there for the night. Monday morning continued north to Rock Fish Gap ,west of Charlottesville and got on 64 east to back home. Went a total of 660 miles. This was the first time my wife went with me on a overnight trip, so i did not want to over do it. Beautiful weather and talked to a lot of bikers on the parkway.Planning our next trip to go south on the parkway to the southern end.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Poq,

Sounds like a fun ride. We just went from Maggie Valley north to Mabry Mill about 4 weeks go. It is amazing and relaxing ride for sure.
smart to get the wife eased into the long rides and sounds like you picked a good one to make it memorable and enjoyable.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I did part of the BRP last October and stayed overnite in Buena Vista at a little motel just before you enter town. As a trivia note:..... Charlie Mannuel, Manager of the Phila Phillies has family in that area...

·
Registered
793 Posts
I still remember the first overnighter the wife and I did almost 15 years ago, Niagra Falls. A lot of pairing down on what we each took so it would fit into the saddle bags. There was a bit of a learning curve, but we did it for many years until we bought the Pack-It rack to fit in the trailer hitch. That helped for weekenders. Got a deal on a trailer this spring and what a change, pulled it when we ran the BRP end to end, 1636 miles in four days. Planning to take it to Key West in Oct. from nothern Oh if the weather holds out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts