Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys and gals use to record your videos from your wings.
Also where do you get them

·
Registered
22 Posts
That was nice. When will all the snow be melted and the roads become clear of sand, cinders and ice hazards?

·
Registered
31 Posts
That was nice. When will all the snow be melted and the roads become clear of sand, cinders and ice hazards?
Road conditions in the low country are dependent on the current weather. It is unusal to have any snow after May 1st here in North Central Wyoming. That being said, the worst blizzard I have ever seen took place the last week of April in 1984. Thousands of head of livestock were lost during that blizzard.

Up in the Big Horns, the roads should be good after May 15th. It can be June 1st before most of the snow is melted. Right now we have an extrodanary amount of snow in the Big Horns, so the melt should be later this year.

That video was taken on March 19th. We had some nice weather and I just got the bug to ride up the mountain. Took it pretty careful and had a nice ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
I counted about 10 cars on the road in that video. Now thats a great day for a ride, the road all to yourself. Of course, I didn't see any other motorcycles out either.... LOL

Good video, thanks for a prelude of the season to come... Ride safe..

·
Registered
31 Posts
I counted about 10 cars on the road in that video. Now thats a great day for a ride, the road all to yourself. Of course, I didn't see any other motorcycles out either.... LOL QUOTE]

Yeah, you won't see many motorcycles out and about Wyoming in mid March.

Starting next week I hope to ride my wing to work. It's 150 miles of back roads up to Forsyth, MT. I'll not see more that 20 other vehicles on the road. I will ride up on Monday, store my bike in a storage unit, catch a ride to Willistion, ND with coworkers where I will be staking power lines in the oil fields for the week. Then back home on Friday.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=209327048741321523969.0004a13140d59390d6f46

Weather good = :)
Weather bad = :(

·
Registered
466 Posts
I use the Kodac Playsport. It records in HD, has image stabilization and is waterproof.

Here is a video I shot last year with it. I have since dropped and broke the screen but it is a good camera and is only about $125.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use the Kodac Playsport. It records in HD, has image stabilization and is waterproof.

Here is a video I shot last year with it. I have since dropped and broke the screen but it is a good camera and is only about $125.
Hey that is nice. Sure green for labor day.

Nice color on that wing. ;)

What were you using for a mount?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hey that is nice. Sure green for labor day.

Nice color on that wing. ;)

What were you using for a mount?
I found one on Ebay that clamps to the dash kinda like a C-clamp with rubber feet. Then it had a standard camera mount on it.
I have see some universal RAM mounts with the camera mounts but not sure where, maybe amazon or ebay.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I've got a Drift helmet cam that I've never used on the bike (doofus) but it's worked well on the sled. I'll takeit with us when we gor to Ireland in June. Hopefully I record rides and scenery and no mishaps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts