Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice video. You guys possess good media personality. Interesting you chose the MT. Been considering a Gen6 upgrade from my 2015, and the 6-spd manual is tough to find in the Tour model. Not so if looking for a bagger. Want a low mileage 2018 DCT? Dime a dozen, at least here in and around Florida. Guess that scooter experience wears off, or folks realize they have ceded all brain functions to the onboard computer. Cannot even start it without waking up the electronic controls first? Guess that's why the forums are filled with electronics questions. So, "it's the battery...read the Owner's Manual...try this hack...you need to get used to it...ignore the nav...flash the system...get another fob...run to the dealer...buy an extended warranty"...ad infinitum

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice video. You guys possess good media personality. Interesting you chose the MT. Been considering a Gen6 upgrade from my 2015, and the 6-spd manual is tough to find in the Tour model. Not so if looking for a bagger. Want a low mileage 2018 DCT? Dime a dozen, at least here in and around Florida. Guess that scooter experience wears off, or folks realize they have ceded all brain functions to the onboard computer. Cannot even start it without waking up the electronic controls first? Guess that's why the forums are filled with electronics questions. So, "it's the battery...read the Owner's Manual...try this hack...you need to get used to it...ignore the nav...flash the system...get another fob...run to the dealer...buy an extended warranty"...ad infinitum
You are kind- thanks for watching-
I must say the DCT and those paddle shifters are intriguing -
Now aren’t the 22 baggers all DCT?
We realize we are the minority in staying manual- this may change in the future-
Yes I guess we must wake up the bike brain for the heart to start lol

Nicely done folks
Omigosh- I am grateful for your kind words- we have a lot more content planned as we tickled to have this wing addition in our garage-
But we like it better when we are on the road.

And thanks to you for your tireless work as an admin it’s not easy to monitor the forums and not go crazy!

Thanks for the review!
Our YouTube is WingStuff :)
We love WINGSTUFF!
We talk about you guys in our RIVCO Highway Peg Review and our trunk organizer review-
I’m also planning a trunk and side bag luggage review for you guys soon-
So grateful for your variety, pricing, shipping speed and rewards program! And yes we love your videos too!

·
Registered
25 Posts
You are kind- thanks for watching-
I must say the DCT and those paddle shifters are intriguing -
Now aren’t the 22 baggers all DCT?
We realize we are the minority in staying manual- this may change in the future-
Yes I guess we must wake up the bike brain for the heart to start lol
Yes, all baggers are now DCT only. A friend has a Honda dealership in Florida (city/location intentionally omitted) and confirms Honda has dropped the MT -- at least on the Goldwing bagger (non-tour). He says about 70% of new Goldwing Tour sales are DCT, up from about 50% only a few years back.

·
Vendor
715 Posts
We love WINGSTUFF!
We talk about you guys in our RIVCO Highway Peg Review and our trunk organizer review-
I’m also planning a trunk and side bag luggage review for you guys soon-
So grateful for your variety, pricing, shipping speed and rewards program! And yes we love your videos too!
That's so great to hear...we really appreciate it! We couldn't do what we do without customers like you! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. What a great bike My Goldwings are a 1984 and a 1996 and has different features to your Goldwing.;)
Can I say thanks and G’Day mate without sounding like a lame american? Your garage is filled with the classics! Post images if you feel like sharing- would love to see what you have?

·
Premium Member
11,381 Posts
Can I say thanks and G’Day mate without sounding like a lame american? Your garage is filled with the classics! Post images if you feel like sharing- would love to see what you have?
You can say G'Day mate as much as you like and it's not lame at all. I have so many USA mate's through GWOF and they are mate's. We have done 4 trips around the USA by Goldwing and one of the biggest highlights was meeting and riding with GWOF members. I think that I could say that meeting GWOF and riding with them will go down as the biggest events in our life. My wife is in contact with some of our USA friends weekly. So I would encourage you to reach out to the GWOF member when there is a meet and greet. (They have become a bit slack with the M&G's. So you could hit them up with one. :ROFLMAO: :cool:

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Fuel tank
Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Fuel tank

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can say G'Day mate as much as you like and it's not lame at all. I have so many USA mate's through GWOF and they are mate's. We have done 4 trips around the USA by Goldwing and one of the biggest highlights was meeting and riding with GWOF members. I think that I could say that meeting GWOF and riding with them will go down as the biggest events in our life. My wife is in contact with some of our USA friends weekly. So I would encourage you to reach out to the GWOF member when there is a meet and greet. (They have become a bit slack with the M&G's. So you could hit them up with one. :ROFLMAO: :cool:

View attachment 280717 View attachment 280717
So nice to meet u and thx for your kind words! I’ve been seeking out classic “old gold” - specifically 84 and 85 year wings- as I’m researching a vlog for our YouTube channel (middle age road rage),
regarding the ignition and rear wheel issues that arose in those years, sussing out stories from owners, as well as real owner photos to share- sort of a “should you fear the year” vibe and get a fair perspective.
Meet and greets sound great! In the IS, I have yet to get a WingDing due to the distance and my personal calendar…
I dream of touring down under w the hubs on my bucket list- I need to do the ol’ Alice Springs to Uluru…
I dream of that rock… appropriate for the land of the Dreamtime…

·
Premium Member
11,381 Posts
If you are going to get a 1200.......................get one made from 1985 onwards. There are a lot of parts on the 1984 that were updated. Making the 1984 harder to get parts for. And don't think that you can put LTD stator into 1984 Goldwing. Because it will not fit. Another one of my good idea's.:mad:

I can help with planning of a trip Down Under. I am quite well travelled.:D

·
Administrator
15,830 Posts
Reactions: ReneeRIdesAwing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As my Mate claims, we have been slacking off on Meet-n-Greets the past couple years. But we do have one planned for October in Kentucky. Here is that thread; 2022 Kentucky "Moonbow" Meet and Greet October...
Thx for the response- Kentucky round trip is almost 4k miles- it’s a big run for us-
Hope y’all have funnnnn!
It seems nothing is ever close by us in CA…but then again, perhaps there was plenty in the past before we started “winging it”?
We may be moving East next year… perhaps that will help us be closer to more M&Gs?
Enjoy and have a great time

·
Administrator
15,830 Posts
People have set up a western Meet-n-Greet before. The largest was in Cody, WY a number of years ago and it drew people from all over. I was there as were a few from Pennsylvania.

California Hwy 36 is on my bucket list. I worked a wildfire in Mad River a few years ago and enjoyed it in a pickup, imagining myself on the bike the whole time. I'm sure there a some others, but that is the one in the forefront of my mind.

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
From Utah we attended a M&G in Banner Elk NC. Got to meet some amazing people and ride some of the best roads the east has to offer including the Dragon! This group is chock full of great folks. As noobs we felt welcomed. If you pass through our neck of the woods I'm happy to ride along for a while.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
People have set up a western Meet-n-Greet before. The largest was in Cody, WY a number of years ago and it drew people from all over. I was there as were a few from Pennsylvania.

California Hwy 36 is on my bucket list. I worked a wildfire in Mad River a few years ago and enjoyed it in a pickup, imagining myself on the bike the whole time. I'm sure there a some others, but that is the one in the forefront of my mind.
Well… Cali does have great year round riding, that’s for sure! And I have a lotta live for the north and south western states…
Thank you for your service in working those fires- there are soooo many now!
We will prolly be moving East in awhile, so I’m sure we will catch y’all at some point?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
From Utah we attended a M&G in Banner Elk NC. Got to meet some amazing people and ride some of the best roads the east has to offer including the Dragon! This group is chock full of great folks. As noobs we felt welcomed. If you pass through our neck of the woods I'm happy to ride along for a while.
Goldwing Noobs Unite!
While I’ve been a long time rider, the wing was long time dream- my dad always sang their praises growing up-
Utah is magnificent! The land has sooo much atmosphere and story! My hubs has not had much exposure- I want to show him Arches and Zion, etc…
Thx for your kind words and offer! I’ll be sure to reach out to yourself and others if we take a run!
Meanwhile we are just back from a 5 week journey across the US in a camper van!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts