Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an opinion on the new Victory Vision Crossbow trike.
Likes/dislikes. Please post them. :D

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Dear lady: I would be riding a Victory Vision today if my lady didn't have anything to say about it. I'm not disappointed, however, as it all worked out for the best I think. I like the " futuristic " design of the Vision. Still, I think the Honda makes the best trike conversion.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I just can't get into that design on the Victory. I know they are good bikes, but their design is just not to my liking. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. Are you thinking of getting one??

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think it's a very odd looking trike and was wondering what people thought of the design, I do like it as it looks different. If Honda doesn't produce a new Goldwing in the future, that might be my only choice. I saw one at the Harley dealer in New Port Richey, they are an authorized Lehman dealer, I just cannot get passed the price. I'd think about a good used GL-1800 trike or a 1998 to 2000 GL-1500 trike.
Presently I am 'hoarding' parts for my present Wing. Have a spare alternator, spare tail lights, extra set of mirrors and a lot of smaller parts.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
If anyone here has had the opportunity to ride a Victory Vision they will tell you that there is no leg room problem ( present company included ). "There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion."
— Edgar Allan Poe P.S. I pass a black Victory Vision a few times a week on the same highway and it stills turns my neck. Never seen a trike ,yet.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I am usually in on trying out and being receptive to new things.
I was one of the first ones here to test drive a canam syder. Thought I like it until I drove it. If you have one and like it, don't be offended, I just couldn't hang onto it going around turns in the city. Thank God the guide didn't take us out on the back roads. that thing sticks like a go cart to the road and my pants nor the seat had velcro.

+'s
Wow factor is pretty good

-'s
Storage space is a big concern, even alot of cubic feet ain't helpin' if the space is triangular and my suitcase is square.

Lack of history- it may be there but I don't have it.

????
have to see dashboard, is it easy to use and see all the gages and gadgets.
I'd have to wait an see the resale of a used one to help gage value and reliability
have to test drive it for comfort

If all these questions came back positively, then I would look at this and think it is REALLY cool. If it wasn't comfortable, quick and easy to drive and ride, then I wouldn't think much of it's looks.

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
love2ride'
The CanAm Spyder for touring looks cool, but it's a fairly new product. The two wheels in the front are different. I haven't taken one for a test ride yet, I did meet a gentleman in Satellite Beach who likes his.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Trike Lady, over and above being a Honda dealership, we are also a Polaris dealership (but not Victory). I was at the unveiling of the Crossbow trike conversions at the dealer meeting in Minneapolis/St Paul. They are very well made (typical for John's people) and if you like the look of the Vision, you'll like the trike model. It's one of the few times where there is not too much performance difference in the Crossbow and a Wing conversion due to the characteristics and torque of the Freedom 106 engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well Trike Lady, after your kind words on my purchase of my Victory Vision crossbow, I must share with you my reaction after now having the trike for 24 hours... Very smooth, very quick, no power steering (that will change shortly) gobs of storage, although it does not appear so until you start putting things away...very pleased with the fit and finish, and do not reegret selling my 2007 Goldwing Motortrike, for the crossbow. Very happy camper!!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Straight axle - no thanks!!!!!!
Tested enough of those, then settled on IRS

Test the rest
Then ride the best
Hannigan

Now if Hannigan would make a conversion for the Vision...............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts