Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My regular work mate has a Victory Jackpot and we were going to have a ride to Victor Harbour. I arrived 15 minutes late at his house and it was a bit cold and a bit wet. Leaving Adelaide it was 14c and light rain but all was good because I have the stay dry model 1200 Wing. Now Warren's Victoy is not a stay dry model, so we waited for 30 minute for the rain to clear.
Warren live's in the hills and the roads from his place are very twisty to start with. The corners can be taken at about 25-30 mph and we worked our way over to the south coast.
I love it in the hill at this time of the year because it is all green and the wild flowers are out. The little lambs are running around with their little tails waggling around.
The rain didn't hold off altogether and Warren did get a bit wet before we got to Victor Harbor. We enjoyed a coffee and a pastie and then headed back along the north coast. At about this time Warren may have wished that he had a stay dry Wing because it started to come down.
Time to head for home and a bit more rain. I did enjoy the ride. What is a bit of rain between friends. For the stats people:
300 km for 17.5 ltrs and $23.60

G

·
Sounds like distant fun Eric. Is it Spring in South Australia now? I see you are not too far from Tasmania so watch out for the Tasmanian Devil.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is spring in South Australia and I love all of the season except our summer. You only find Tasmanian Devils in Tasmania. I have not been to Tasmanian yet, but I do look foward to going there. To get there we have to drive (ride) 500 miles to Melbourne and put the bike on the ferry for a 12 hr. trip across the Bass Strait. It is a must do but I don't know when. Eric

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
Good Go Mate.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Good deal Eric. Not too long from the Philip Island Moto GP eh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts