Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Looking for a replacement base for my Vetter stereo cover installed on my "82 GL1100.
Here are a few pics of what I have. It still works as the right side is intact, but a pain in the butt to open while cruzing. I really want to keep this bike as close to old school / pe Motor vehicle Gauge Automotive design Speedometer Tachometer Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Automotive tire riod correct as she is as possible...
Thanks in advance for any help!!
Shawn in Colorado

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had a Vetter stereo on my 80 GL1100 that I got back in 1998. The cover was bad also. I found a marine cover the worked with some modification to fit the radio I had installed in the housing. It was still on the bike when I sold it 4 years ago. Finding one with the Vetter name on it may be a bit difficult. Like the previous poster said, contact the Vetter Owners group and see if anyone has one in their stash. Lots of good useable info about the fairings and other accessories.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a Vetter stereo on my 80 GL1100 that I got back in 1998. The cover was bad also. I found a marine cover the worked with some modification to fit the radio I had installed in the housing. It was still on the bike when I sold it 4 years ago. Finding one with the Vetter name on it may be a bit difficult. Like the previous poster said, contact the Vetter Owners group and see if anyone has one in their stash. Lots of good useable info about the fairings and other accessories.
Thanks Limpy,
My cover is good, I need the base. I imagine I could drill some holes into the fairing and tie everything together with some aluminum fencing wire, but I would like to make it right....

·
Registered
91 Posts
From the picture I would guess the left hinge is broken. Are all the little loops (?) the hinge pin goes through broken or just a few? Maybe if the cover comes off you could fabricate some new hinge loops with a plastic epoxy type mix?? I found a kit from JB Weld company that is a clear epoxy stuff that is easy to mix and work with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the picture I would guess the left hinge is broken. Are all the little loops (?) the hinge pin goes through broken or just a few? Maybe if the cover comes off you could fabricate some new hinge loops with a plastic epoxy type mix?? I found a kit from JB Weld company that is a clear epoxy stuff that is easy to mix and work with.
I may have to do something like that. Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts