Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone stole my right bag and my left bag lock is jammed so I am looking for a new set of Vetter black bags for my GL 1100 1980. Some people are selling them without the keys which is pointless to me so I would lke the keys. Also...
If I can't get Vetter can anyone recommend a brand of saddle bag that would fit well on my bike? Also...
Any ideas on how to refill with air the suspension system-do I have to go to a dealer? Also...:) I have a oil leak in the cylinder casing when in operation. I replaced the gaskets but it still leaks-any ideas?
I'm trying to rescucitate some life in the ol' bike which was badle stored for a long time. It will need new tires as well so I could use a recommendation on those. Aside from all that she purrrrs like a kitten. Thanks for your help.
David

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello dave,welcome to GWOF. you might try ebay or a salvage yard near you. seeing that you have a vetter package on your bike to could get the bags and bag guard from an 1100 interstate or aspencade and bolt them on your wing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vetter Bags

hello dave,welcome to GWOF. you might try ebay or a salvage yard near you. seeing that you have a vetter package on your bike to could get the bags and bag guard from an 1100 interstate or aspencade and bolt them on your wing
Thanks William. I did not think about salvage so I will give that a whirl. Ebay was sketchy. Prices were too high and they came without keys which I think makes them useless as a new key is way too expensive to make. Plus-how do they know the lock mechanisms even work properly without the keys? I saw a couple Craigs list posts and maybe someone will be able to ship me something. Thanks again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dave,The locks on the Vetter bags are very simple.A locksmith would have no problem making you a set of keys.
I switched my 78 wing over to KG bags. They look much better than the Vetter bags but are pretty tough to find with mounting brackets.
Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kg bags

Dave,The locks on the Vetter bags are very simple.A locksmith would have no problem making you a set of keys.
I switched my 78 wing over to KG bags. They look much better than the Vetter bags but are pretty tough to find with mounting brackets.
Mike
Thanks Mike for the info. I may try to do the same with KG bags. The Vetter bags are pretty klunky.

·
Registered
3 Posts
reseal air system

i have an 81 interstate thats currently naked. front rebuild kit is around 40 bucks. was told to toss the rear ones so i used gunks fix a flat and their holding air again. DON'T DO THIS TO THE FRONT! use the kit and fresh oil. good luck

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Keys shouldn't all that expensive have made, by a Lock Smith.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts