Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 GL1800 with 43,000 miles.

About 25% of the time after I start moving the ABS light will blink. The other 75% of the time, no issue.

I have found that if I turn the key on, then roll backwards a few feet, before I start moving forward, the ABS has no issues.

Also, if the light is blinking I can turn the key off at speed... (obviously in neutral or with the clutch pulled in) then turn the key back on, start the bike and this usually stops the annoying light blinking.

Anyone else have this issue and/or know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
I have been having the same situation with my 2004. I do the same process you are doing or I will accelerate quickly for about 15 feet. It only started this riding season but the bike sat for 4+ years while I was doing 24/7 caring for my wife.

The problem I have is finding a local shop that KNOWS how to work on a Wing. The dealerships are a pain with not wanting bikes over 10 years old etc. There is a shop about an hour and a half away but I don't have transportation back home now being a widower. I am dealing with a new shop that "might" be able to do more work on the wing but I'm taking my time getting a feel for what I think they can do before I commit more service from them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been having the same situation with my 2004. I do the same process you are doing or I will accelerate quickly for about 15 feet. It only started this riding season but the bike sat for 4+ years while I was doing 24/7 caring for my wife.

The problem I have is finding a local shop that KNOWS how to work on a Wing. The dealerships are a pain with not wanting bikes over 10 years old etc. There is a shop about an hour and a half away but I don't have transportation back home now being a widower. I am dealing with a new shop that "might" be able to do more work on the wing but I'm taking my time getting a feel for what I think they can do before I commit more service from them.
I agree... shops with knowledge are hard to find. I took my to a dealer last year... they couldn't reproduce the problem :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,034 Posts
sounds like possibly a sensor issue
either in its distance from the ring or it is just quitting working
or an incredibly dirty with rust and stuff ring
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,034 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

number 10 and 25
similar on the rear
I hope you're not right...... Since it is intermittent I had hoped for a loose connection somewhere. Do you have experience with seeing these replaced to fixed the intermittent issue, or are you saying that these are just the most likely culprits?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,034 Posts
I hope you're not right...... Since it is intermittent I had hoped for a loose connection somewhere. Do you have experience with seeing these replaced to fixed the intermittent issue, or are you saying that these are just the most likely culprits?
these are always possible culprits as the dirt and flying debris on cars and bikes alike
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top