Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
if they were the ignition coils they would fail from the beginning right? Would it be very rare for all three to fail at the same time or can it happen? , thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This is the link to see the video of the problem I have, it is seen that the motorcycle starts without problems but from minute 4 it dies giving small ups and downs of 500 rpm up and down until it stops and it does not start again.

·
Super Moderator
28,548 Posts
After watching your video and the fact that you had to put choke on to get it to try and start again, I am starting to think you have a vacuum issue. Here is a link to a page that helped me when I had running issues with the bike running terrible, plus revving up an down after a bit of warm up.

Go to the "1500 Carb page" and he takes you through a step by step process with pictures.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
After watching your video and the fact that you had to put choke on to get it to try and start again, I am starting to think you have a vacuum issue. Here is a link to a page that helped me when I had running issues with the bike running terrible, plus revving up an down after a bit of warm up.

Go to the "1500 Carb page" and he takes you through a step by step process with pictures.

I very much agree with you because it seems that when 4 minutes have passed and the motorcycle needs to load more gasoline through the action of the vacuum it does not do it or it does not work and it stays dry, I will investigate to see what I find

·
Super Moderator
28,548 Posts
There vacuum hoses that are underneath the Carbs that will be the most likely culprits. I also attached a link to my efforts after buying a new to us Trike.

I have attached another link for you of my saga.

The thread is a bit long, and there is a good deal of discussion about things in general. If you go to Page 7, that is where the work is highlighted and what I ended up finding. By the way my Wing runs great ever since.

Reactions: Buenafuente1

·
Super Moderator
11,949 Posts
It sounds like the fuel pump. Have you tried putting some fuel into the the carbs to see if it will start again? Possibly a shot of starting fluid.

Reactions: Buenafuente1

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
X
[QUOTE = "fossil92, publicación: 2249868, miembro: 1407"]
Hay mangueras de vacío que están debajo de los carbohidratos que serán los culpables más probables. También adjunté un enlace a mis esfuerzos de comprarnos un Trike nuevo.

Os he adjuntado otro enlace de mi saga.

El hilo es un poco largo y hay mucha discusión sobre las cosas en general. Si vas a la página 7, ahí es donde se resalta el trabajo y lo que terminé encontrando. Por cierto, mi Wing funciona muy bien desde entonces.

[URL unfurl = "true"] The Fossil Family's New Ride / [/ URL]
[/ CITAR]
Ya lo leí y me pareció un trabajo muy interesante, lo voy a hacer y les informaré de la evolución, ya lo había verificado cuando trabajaba en Estados Unidos pero ustedes son verdaderamente un pueblo extraordinario, gracias mucho a todos
It sounds like the fuel pump. Have you tried putting some fuel into the the carbs to see if it will start again? Possibly a shot of starting fluid.
If I have already done it, cancel the pump and put fuel on it directly, also cancel the vacuum membrane and do the same

·
Super Moderator
11,949 Posts
It still doesn't run, with fuel put in the carbs?

·
Super Moderator
11,949 Posts
It may sound strange, but I would check the connections on the kill switch and the switch itself. I've worked on two different 1500s that had problems with the switch and heard of others that had the same problem. It may not be your issue, but it only takes a few minutes to check the connections.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sounded like a clogged fuel filter that lets fuel trickle into the carbs, but then can't keep up with the demand, but if you've fed them directly from an IV drip bottle, that rules that out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am the owner of a Goldwing 1500 from 89, a few days ago I had a problem when starting, when starting the motorcycle it did it at the moment without problems, everything works perfectly but after two minutes To stop
The day it stopped, it was circulating on a highway and it suddenly failed until it stopped completely, and reviewed carburetors, filters, vacuum circuits, tank cap, vacuum membrane and fuses, I did not find any fault for this to happen, Something similar has happened to any of you? thanks
How's your positive connection on the battery .... that happened to me on my 1986 goldwing aspencade, ..had to many things on the positive side , that wasnt working ....screw came loose , shut my bike right down ...blew fuses too , which i upped the amp on the fuse.
Havent had a problem since

21 - 40 of 58 Posts