Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the owner of a Goldwing 1500 from 89, a few days ago I had a problem when starting, when starting the motorcycle it did it at the moment without problems, everything works perfectly but after two minutes To stop
The day it stopped, it was circulating on a highway and it suddenly failed until it stopped completely, and reviewed carburetors, filters, vacuum circuits, tank cap, vacuum membrane and fuses, I did not find any fault for this to happen, Something similar has happened to any of you? thanks

·
Registered
404 Posts
How long have you owned the bike?

Did you check the kill switch?

Reactions: Buenafuente1

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I already checked it, the problem happens to me when it has been on for a minute, it begins to rattle until it stops completely and then I have to let it rest for a while so that it starts again

·
Super Moderator
28,549 Posts
I am on the opinion side of an electrical issue. I don't believe it is a mechanical issue.

It is not uncommon for a swirch to be shorting out. Or a loose wire or ground somewhere, start tracing wires out would be my suggestion.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Run a can of SeaFoam through it, if you have that available, to clear up any clogs in the fuel filter, carbs, etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
two months ago I cleaned the carburetors with ultrasound and it worked very well until this started to happen to me

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now it has stopped me again, and I removed a spark plug and connected it to its cable and touched the chassis of the motorcycle, and tried to start and it did not spark, but at the moment that the motorcycle made the intention to start it did. spark for a moment and the bike has turned again without explosions or spark

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now I have removed a spark plug and connected it to its cable and touching the engine to make ground, I gave it to the starter ie seen that it does not spark, it does it just when the engine starts but stops immediately, my question is, always Does it have to spark or do I have an electrical problem? Thanks

·
Registered
399 Posts
You may have worn plug wires shorting against something like a metal guide holder. I would also check the battery connections for corrosion. My son-in-law had a bike that would start and run for a while and then die. Dealer could not find the problem. I had him bring it home the next time it did this and I'd find the problem. Within 10 minutes, pulling the side cover I noticed green corrosion on battery leads. Removed them cleaned them with Coil Rite mixture half with water and it cleaned the corrosion right off. The bike never had a problem after that. While at it I pulled all fuses and sprayed the mixture there, too. Coil Rite is a product sold by Air Conditioning/Heating Dealers where I retired from the second time in my life. It is non corrosive but will clean dirt and oily grime from AC Condensors and Evaporators. And, it washes away clean.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
La moto se detiene pero no se corta la luz, es muy extraño porque si estuviera desconectada todo sería lógico pero solo el motor se para y las luces no

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now I have finished unplugging all the electrical connectors and I have put CRC conductive product for electrical components, and tested the motorcycle and it continues to do the same, I also have to say that it happens once the motorcycle heats up a bit

·
Registered
2015 Goldwing F6B 45th Ed
70 Posts
Now I have finished unplugging all the electrical connectors and I have put CRC conductive product for electrical components, and tested the motorcycle and it continues to do the same, I also have to say that it happens once the motorcycle heats up a bit
Seems like a wire is getting short circuit after heating up...
Do u have any extra cables around any hot metal?

·
Super Moderator
11,946 Posts
Make sure the wires on the kill switch are tight. The switches have been known to go bad.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been following everything very carefully and I have not found any cables in any hot area, even and looked at temperatures in the relay, control unit and relays and everything is correct, it is crazy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tomorrow I plan to record a video when the motorcycle fails and it stops, how could I put it here? It would be helpful if you could see the reaction of the bike, thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,946 Posts
But if they were the cables of the cut-off switch, it would fail in cold and in hot, no?
The wires, or switch, will heat up and cause poor connection. I had it happen on mine.

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
But if they were the cables of the cut-off switch, it would fail in cold and in hot, no?
Bad connections sometimes fail because they get warm from shorting out. I’d check them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 58 Posts