Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello and welcome i dont think you can go wrong ,but wait a while for the crew to tell you,as soon as oldies wake out of there slumber,and the furniture starts to move you will get the best results, there a great bunch for advise and wisom(even the grumpy one)

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. A well looked after GW will almost go for ever. If there is a service history to the bike will tell you a lot.A bike that has been left standing can have gas issues. Carbs may need cleaning filter replaced. But if it has been keeped running these are non issues.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. A well looked after GW will almost go for ever. If there is a service history to the bike will tell you a lot.A bike that has been left standing can have gas issues. Carbs may need cleaning filter replaced. But if it has been keeped running these are non issues.
Eric is right on this right ON, and welcome to a great place.:wave:

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Rob, our mate has helped & with that said.

My '95 SE was a gem of a machine that only once gave me some grief which really wasn't a big deal.

Enjoy if you make that decision & if there are more things you want to discuss give us some more info on the bike.

By the way, Welcome to the GWOF.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
About to buy a 1995 aspencade any thoughts?
Warning ! This purchase causes negligence of home repairs and honey do list. Owner beware of heightened sense for adventure and this product has a number of side effects and can include, less participation in other activities that require practice and expensive fees. This product can cause your spouse or significant other to gain interest in this product which could include their wishing to spend more time with their partner. If there is any change in your spending habits or need to buy accessories and bling for this product or you begin to hide, sneak or steal to finance activities that this product is used for, please contact the GWOF for guidance and support from others who have experience with this product.

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Warning ! This purchase causes negligence of home repairs and honey do list. Owner beware of heightened sense for adventure and this product has a number of side effects and can include, less participation in other activities that require practice and expensive fees. This product can cause your spouse or significant other to gain interest in this product which could include their wishing to spend more time with their partner. If there is any change in your spending habits or need to buy accessories and bling for this product or you begin to hide, sneak or steal to finance activities that this product is used for, please contact the GWOF for guidance and support from others who have experience with this product.
:LaughHard::ThumbsUp:

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
welcome from Maryland

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Howdy Rob and welcome from East Texas. :wave: Are you a first time rider or one returning to riding from a long hiatus like me? You haven't shared much info yet about yourself or the bike for us to give you our feedback. There's so many variables with a question like the one you proposed. I ride a 95 Aspencade and it's a wonderful bike. Good luck on your mission here and try to come back here and share a little more about yourself and this bike and we'll be happy give you more of our experience and opinions. Thanks good buddy for joining a great Gold Wing family here. :motorbike:

Dan

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Gawg, it's just a baby then. Like our pal Eric says if it's been in regular use (not stored for an extended period or neglected) it should be a gem of a ride. Even if it's sat, some simple TLC and you're off on the road to adventure. Welcome.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Any thoughts? Sure! You'll be one smilin' son of a gun in no time!:Happy:

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
If it does only have 40K on it, it's just broken in!

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF the 1500 is a fine machine.
Ask if the timing belts have been change and when.
look a the color of the clutch and brake fluids in the site glass on the reservoir. if it looks like dark tea or starting to turn white it's past due to be changes. Just a few things to look for and might be bargaining chips.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Welcome from snowy Minnesota! I have a 95 SE, and I love it! But I dont have as much experience as most of the fellows here, so I will leave the mechanical stuff to them.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Where's it located maybe one of us could pick it up and ride it for you, just to get it broke in for you.:huh1: we are a helpful bunch on here.

Join the :HappyRoll:crowd of wingers.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm buying it now but can't pickup it or 60 days i live just out side of moose jaw sk snow won't m melt till June
I., just sold my 2005 h d Electric Glide clasic pick ed it Yup this mourning i went to Sturgis thus year and did not like the ridethis will be my firsttime on a

·
Registered
718 Posts
Welcome and let us lead the way, or just get you started. Both the HD and the Goldwing were able to be ridden distance, but to each his own on what your like better. Rented a 06 Electra while in FL. Momma didn't like the rear crash bars hitting the back of her legs and the seat wasn't as comfy. The Wing seems much sportier than any HD, that is if you like spirited riding. Too easy to scrape parts on a HD.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts