Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,687 Posts
I understand the bony butt think, an inexpensive try is that Walmart waffle
/gel pad, $20.00 might save you a lot of discomfort. And you can put two pads in one cover if needed. I cut a U shape out of the front so it don't stick up so far in front.

·
Premium Member
7,118 Posts
Personally I find the more I ride the less the butt thingy bothers me....you toughen up a bit....
+1.....totally agree

·
Registered
713 Posts
Diamond Seat, rest stops every hour to an hour and a half, wallyworld gel pad and working up to endurance riding. I resorted to the gel pad after back to back 550 days. How I would do riding that distance solo, who knows? Now I remember how bad the stock seat is having to put it back on until my Diamond comes back.

·
Registered
618 Posts
So we went riding for a few hours yesterday and I had numb butt by the time we got back. So what do you all do on long distance rides? I tires the highway pegs but it really didn't help much. I'm thinking stops when it get to tough but I'm sure with all the veteran riders here there is an answer.
Foot boards, highway pegs properly adjusted, Ortho Ultimate seat pad with sheep skin cover and Anti Monkeybut Powder. Add someone to keep your back warm and XM set on the Clasic Vinyl station and I could ride forever. Oh yes, take your wallet out of your back pocket.

·
Premium Member
24,530 Posts
My only daily limit is my conscience; she always speaks loudly to me:rolleyes:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
We went out for a few hours last Sunday and it felt much better. The butt thing wasn't an issue as bad this time. I'm learning to stretch at a stop which helped immensely. Now the new issue it the sweating while leaning on the back rest, I still think when I find the side car I want it will be much better. I'm sure at this point a lot of what I'm going through is just getting used to a big bike. In a year or by this summers end all I'm feeling will go away. :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I took a look hot ride Saturday afternoon on all back roads and I'm finding it a lot easier to ride now. Guess I had to toughen up the old butt toughened a little. Now I'm finding out the back get real wet from sitting a long time but I guess I'll get used to this too. I like it more every time I get to ride it. Cool! :D

·
Premium Member
7,942 Posts
Nohandles,
Son, you're a hot mess! I suggest you take a 500 mile roadtrip on a 250-500cc with a dead flat seat and poor rear shocks (if any). Then your Wing seat will feel like you're parking your narrow *ss on a cloud! I'm a fellow member of the "Where did my *ss go?" club.

I like the bead seat covers over wool more than just wool itself when it's warm; wool alone when cool. And of course the wool INSIDE the undies if cold. Really not a cool look though, especially when it hangs out front and back, as I recently learned during a trip to Wal-Mart!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Nohandles,
Son, you're a hot mess! I suggest you take a 500 mile roadtrip on a 250-500cc with a dead flat seat and poor rear shocks (if any). Then your Wing seat will feel like you're parking your narrow *ss on a cloud! I'm a fellow member of the "Where did my *ss go?" club.

I like the bead seat covers over wool more than just wool itself when it's warm; wool alone when cool. And of course the wool INSIDE the undies if cold. Really not a cool look though, especially when it hangs out front and back, as I recently learned during a trip to Wal-Mart!
Completely right. We had a Honda 250 Rexlex and a 1971 BMW R75 both butt killers for sure. But I've lost 127 lbs so the ole butt just aint what she used to be? LOL. I'm learning! :D

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Nohandles,

+1 on beaded seat cover in heat and sheepskin in cold. Try sitting on a gel seat cover in 105 degree temps and your fanny will be on fire. Gel gets heated to the ambient temperature. Beaded cover ventilates the butt and keeps it cool.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I prefer sheep skin year round...in the summer it helps keep your arse from sticking and swetting from the vinyl seat...and in the winter keeps it warm....:D

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Nohandles,

So, Tatanka; why were you wearing the wool inside your undies at Wal-Mart?

·
Super Moderator
15,177 Posts
try the $20 walmart gelpad my friend

·
Premium Member
7,942 Posts
willmax,

Just trying to fit in with "The People of Wal-Mart!" But I overshot it a bit.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a beaded seat cover works great in hot and cold weather.when you get on bike,ya dont get burnt butt keep ya cool and in winter no cold butt plus a bonus ,helps keep monkey butt away:D. and helps circulation..Im going to make a gel cover for those long rides. see ya in the wind:cool:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I think the butt is there now. Went 500 miles in the last 2 weeks and the butt can take it now. Guess it just took some getting used to. Once I learned the bike it became a piece of cake even the wife is happy now. Got love the Wing!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.