Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is you #1 absolute favorite thing you love about your wing?
I have so many things that I love about my bike but I have been thinking, what is the best thing about my bike, what makes this one different from all the rest I have had?
I love the sound system. I love the reliability(pick up bike for Harley parts :D). I love the community that I am now in (this forum). Endless possibilities to personalize it. The comfort handling and looks. I could keep going but I just ask for ONE so here is the ONE thing that I love more about my wing than all the other things.

The POWER! One up or two I can go anywhere and the bike just keeps saying "I am ready, I have plenty of power to give you." Roll on from 60 to 90 faster than a fast thing. Makes me smile every time I twist the throttle and the big thing about the power it is soooooo silky smoooooth!
So this is where I shut up and wait for your responce :cool:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Favourite thing

Hi

I think the one thing I like about my wing is the looks I/it gets from other people when I ride past, it just puts a huge smaile on my face :D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
i just wanted a goldwing, something different than the other bikes i owne or have ownedand for speed and power nither wing compares with my 900f powered slightly modded '79 750k. it was my sport-tourer before there was such a bike

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
Like "Riding My Sofa Down the Road."

·
Registered
741 Posts
Such a great bike (comfort/power/luxuries) my other bikes have sat in the garage for over a year (bought Wing a year ago).

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Total comfort and reliability!!! Ohh and did I say my honey Loves to ride!!!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I'd have to say it's the entire package, not any one thing. And yes, the happy wife, happy life factor counts for lots too. I do 90% of my riding by myself anymore, but the times I have her on the pillion the Wing is worth it's weight in gold. The only way it's going bye bye is if I couldn't ride at all. I'm looking forward to having the Blackbird, but it won't make me smile like the Wing does...well ok maybe it'll make me grin like a fool too, but that's different. I've adored just about every bike I've ever owned, but the Wings have all been super special. It's kind of like the HD mystique, it's just different than other bikes, but without the stigma of the lifestyle.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Ralph. This is an interesting thread of coincidence. I just came back from a late evening ride to my mother-in laws house to deliver some groceries. The temps were 55* on the twelve mile stretch of interstate riding in late evening traffic both ways. Even before I got home I said to myself that this is the best motorcycle riding I have ever experienced. I love my bike as do any others here. I trust it and I believe both of us have bonded. That feeling of trust I never had with my 1300 VTX.

·
Registered
41 Posts
After owning a Beemer POS, I really appreciate the reliability and ease of service with the Goldwing.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Mostly that the wife will go on rides with me. Well, most of the time she'll go along. Also our local GWRRA group has been a good experience and now I have some friends to ride with.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
The fact that 1 minute in cruise on my boat cost me the same as 2 hours cruise on my Wing. That poor boat ain't going on no longs trips anymore....

·
Registered
58 Posts
For me it has to be the comfort. I agree the power is awesome and when you need it... you have it, but to ride something so magnificiantly comfortable is truly amazing. A "dream machine". :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts