Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello all... it's long overdue that I post an update and say hello. Some time ago I mentioned that My Bodyguard was a bit 'taken' by the Harley mystique. She was riding a VTX 1300 but it just never seemed to develop into a long term relationship as much as it was a marriage of convenience. Well let's cut to the chase and just say she found her new love in a 2012 Harley Streetglide. We just got back from her longest ever trip (1500 miles) which included her longest ever day (530 miles) and her longest ever smile (Monday thru Friday). She loves the bike, it performed well, it's got sex appeal, she looks great on it, and no one will ever approach me to talk about my Wing as long as she's around.

And yes I did ride the Harley and I am more of a Winger now than I was before :)

Donald

Attachments

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
She is cute, her bike is nice and you are a very lucky guy.

Don't upset the apple cart by agreeing with some of us that believe it is not the best motorcycle made.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I have to say....The Bodyguard makes that Harley look very Sexy;)

·
Registered
674 Posts
very nice, well engineered, great body lines and perky headlights. what else could someone want in a _ _ _ _. you fill in the blanks.:D

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
Nice Don. Have to admit that the Harley design has a way of showcasing the rider. The rest of us can hide behind the Tuppperware. 500+ mile day ! She' a keeper. Of course with your extra storage space you are still relegated to a pack mule status.

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
Well Donald, glad you checked in. If Wendy is happy that's the only thing that matters. I do have to say that it's a nice looking bike.

Congrats to you both.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
she's riding her own bike donald and thats all that matters

·
Registered
63 Posts
You're both on two wheels and riding together. You are a very lucky man. I wish my wife was still riding. She won't even ride on the back anymore. Bummer.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Street Glide, expect there made by Harley, and have parts in them from all over the world, and in 15,000 mile she'll most likely rebuilding the engine, but hey, other than those it's a damn good looking bike.

·
Registered
259 Posts
hello all... it's long overdue that I post an update and say hello. Some time ago I mentioned that My Bodyguard was a bit 'taken' by the Harley mystique. She was riding a VTX 1300 but it just never seemed to develop into a long term relationship as much as it was a marriage of convenience. Well let's cut to the chase and just say she found her new love in a 2012 Harley Streetglide. We just got back from her longest ever trip (1500 miles) which included her longest ever day (530 miles) and her longest ever smile (Monday thru Friday). She loves the bike, it performed well, it's got sex appeal, she looks great on it, and no one will ever approach me to talk about my Wing as long as she's around.

And yes I did ride the Harley and I am more of a Winger now than I was before :)

Donald
I, too, had VTXs - the 1300 and 1800. Replaced them with a Harley Ultra Classic. I love the Honda brand, but the dif was night 'n day between the Xs and the UC for riding comfort, ease of handling, build quality. That said, the 1800X was a beast and I wish I had been able to keep it if for nothing else than illegal thrill rides :)

Like you, I also love my Wing, especially for 2-up riding. I mean 6cyl v. a v-twin... but given an ultimatum to get rid of one or the other.. well, let's just say I don't want to have to make that choice :)

·
Premium Member
24,641 Posts
Congrats to Wendy on both her scoot and the long ride! I was worried you wow had left the fold but sooooo glad to hear from you both. Em, no reason she can't post too ya know;):cool: I loved my RK, but I'm just a dyed in the wool Honda dood so. Not saying I'd never own another HD (a Rocker C has a certain cool factor), just wouldn't do it unless I won the big prize and had 15-20 others first...mostly Hondas I might add:D

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
Good looking new scoot Don. Glad Wendy found something she really likes and you can travel together. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all for the support! Yes it was great for us to take a tour together. Her VTX1300 just wasn't doing the job in the level of comfort I wanted for her. She drove my Wing but just felt it was a little too much so she opted for the 'smaller' Street Glide. She also just likes that V Twin and the Harley look. The proof was in the pudding tho in that she handled the miles with ease and a smile on her face. I am happy for her. I also added the Scala G4 headsets and it was fun to hear her having soooo much fun. Next trip will be in early fall up to The Smokies.

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
The Scala G4 ! Got a pair last year and my riding bud got one. Nice! It takes all the hand signs and body language out of the mix.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts