Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2005 Goldwing 1800A and would like to know if there is a need for valve adjustments after 24,000 miles? I was told by a service mechanic that Honda requires a valve adjustment after 24,000 miles. I never heard of this and had a 1989 Goldwing that never had a valve adjustment that I know of. Sure would appreciate some answers on this before I spend the money.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Well I went to my 08's owners manual and page 136 it says...

EVERY 32,000 mi (51,200 km) with note 4, which adds, Service more frequently if noisy.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
1500 wings have hyd lifters so no adjustment is needed

·
Registered
470 Posts
1500 wings have hyd lifters so no adjustment is needed
Hey there detdrbuzzard; I'm a bit confused here. I was asking / reading a few older threads, in one someone says the 1500's have SOLID lifters. Can someone free me from my misery? I would like to know which it is??:confused::confused: Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
7,660 Posts
The GL1500 Goldwing has hydraulic lifters.
The Valkyrie 1500 has solid.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Once again..thank you trike lady; I was thinking that's what they have..don't ALL wings have that? At least the '84's & later?

·
Registered
405 Posts
You can check the valves but (from what I've read) there will probably be no adjustment needed if you are like most owners. If you reasearch a little you will find they are easy to check yourself. It's the adjustment that is the difficult part. I have 33K on mine and I haven't looked at mine yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts