Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to put Ride On in my tires, but am not sure about the r/r of the valve stem. I don't know how tight to install them, and will the Ride On somehow clog the stem causing leaks if I don't inject it correctly?
Gerald

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I wouldn't put that junk in my tires :nono:. The tires on most bikes are tubeless, if you do get a flat ( nail or screw ) it will deflate slowly and you will have time to notice the low tire, you can fix it with a plug or cord. If the hole is to big, ride on wont help anyways.

·
Administrator
29,073 Posts
Gerald, Welcome to the GWOF from Pa. I have no experience with RideOn, but I can tell you that most of the guys here will tell you that it's not a good idea.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I saw a demo with that stuff the guy had a drill and was drilling into a tire over and over ..impressive ..no leaks jst a little goo came out and quickly stopped ..my only concern ..if you pick up a nail you will never know..that may be a scary thought

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I saw a demo with that stuff the guy had a drill and was drilling into a tire over and over ..impressive ..no leaks jst a little goo came out and quickly stopped ..my only concern ..if you pick up a nail you will never know..that may be a scary thought
You should check your tires before every ride, or when you park your bike after a ride. so if you pick up a nail you will see find it.
Ride on will work fine if you do not have an internal TPMS. Several police departments are using it in their bikes. It is not like slime or fix-a-flat. Ride on can be cleaned with water and will not corrode your rims. Another advantage of ride on is that is balances your tire also. I had it in the front tire of my 09 Concours 1400, no weight at all were put on and the bike was rock solid at any speed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would like to put Ride On in my tires, but am not sure about the r/r of the valve stem. I don't know how tight to install them,
Gerald
I just installed a new 90 degree on my rear tire .had the same thought ..how tight.. being as there are rubber washers both sides .. I tightened till you could still move the valve stem but it took some effort to do ..if it's to tight you could dislodge the rubber washers.. the tire is on and they do not leak ..on mine there was a double locking nut make sure that is tight ... I also used some blue permotex thread lock ...on 1800s the rear 90 degree valve stem needs to be pointing left away from the rotor otherwise it will come in contact :whack:with rotor and brake caliper..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.