Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anyone here been on the Valley of the God Road, San Juan County Road #242. Coming from east to west from Medicine Flat. Our info said it was only 17 miles but takes 2 hours:confused: to do.? Can an Aussie on a Goldwing ride this road.:eek:

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
I my self have not my mate but I do think You can ride any thing any place, but I know someone here will have the info for you.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. You would all laugh at me.:D

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Eric, we'd laugh with you not at you;) If there's anybody here that knows that road, my guess is it would be Dookoo. You do mean San Juan CA right.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. You would all laugh at me.:D
I mate
don't pick on anyone that can ride cross country 2 up with his beautiful wife and have the time of his life you are the man.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eric, we'd laugh with you not at you;) If there's anybody here that knows that road, my guess is it would be Dookoo. You do mean San Juan CA right.
Valley of the Gods is in Utah. From what we have read Vanessa would like to go there but I need to find out more about the road. If it is rough dirt we could do it. (no sand) Water crossing ok if the bottom is firm.
Cantankerous that is the place.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Valley of the Gods is in Utah. From what we have read Vanessa would like to go there but I need to find out more about the road. If it is rough dirt we could do it. (no sand) Water crossing ok if the bottom is firm.
Cantankerous that is the place.
I'll pose this question to the Arizona riders on Facebook. Get back with you.

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The description of the roads in these links should make Eric feel right at home.
Ok this is a must do.:D What we are planing for here is that we will stay 2 nights so I can leave all the heavy stuff that we do not need in the motel. As long as the road is dry I think with care we can get over this road.:eek:
Thankyou for your help.

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Eric PM Sent

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
It is a dirt road. You can look at the start and finish on googlemap. Move the little man over toward it and it will show where you can look. I think the pictures were taken in winter as the 163 side is showing snow. There are also pictures people submitted that you can look at.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just don tell Ron that I am planning on riding 'Bluey" on a dirt Road.:eek:

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Just don tell Ron that I am planning on riding 'Bluey" on a dirt Road.:eek:
Shall I try to find a "Knobby" that will fit????:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
I've got a road like that at my house if you want to practice before you get to Utah.

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Here you go Mate.

Bluey would look fine afixed with something like this.:eek:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts