Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting list together of things to do while wing is up on the rack.
I am planning to buy 50 or 100' feet of metric tubing(whatever sizes required) to do the entire engine.

My opinion is vacuum lines, on any vehicle, are poorly made.
MY question is, "Has anyone used reinforced tubing (used in gas lines etc)?

They would last a lot longer. Of course, the down side is just how hard they would be to get on the fittings.

Anyone with history or opinions?

(Chopin, you are still in time out!!!)

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
the fuel line may be a bit thicker and harder to make sharp bends with, but it should work cannot see why not. Instead of an automotive store why not try a place that sells industrial hoses and lines. They may have something better.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Val,

I use this hose at work, it all is of similar quality. It is cheap and where easily accessible, not a bad choice. But I have had this problem in other vehicles in the past and they don't hold up well over time. In fact, I have the same problem right now with my Pick up, when I pull the travel trailer, the engine light comes on. I know it's a vacuum line somewhere and it just hasn't reached the priority list yet as it goes away when daily driving.

Maybe to your point, I will buy both and use the reinforced where I can and use the usual stuff where the sharp bends are.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn. I was going to suggest " Hoover " as they sell a great line of vacuum hoses and .....

As you can see in my signature, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I have noticed that everything that sucks also blows.
Just depends on which end you're at.

Speaking of bad advice.................................................:)

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
l2r, for a dull blade, it looks like you cut the maestro off at the knees with that one post LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
" Discretion is the better part of valor " ~ Falstaff.
Henry The Fourth, Part 1 Act 5, scene 4, 115–121
Almost invariably quoted today as "Discretion is the better part of valor," Falstaff's phrase elegantly redeems a cowardly act. The bragging, bulbous knight has just risen from his feigned death; he had played the corpse in order to escape real death at the hands of a Scotsman hostile to Henry IV. Claiming that abstractions like "honor" and "valor" will get you nothing once you're dead, Falstaff excuses his counterfeiting as the kind of "discretion" that keeps a man from foolishly running into swords in order to cultivate a reputation for heroism.

And that my friend is what you get for quoting a BEER! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts