Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentleman: Winter is fast approaching and we are in the middle of the best temperature riding time right now. If anyone has a last fall fling ride in mind bring it forward. I'll have to keep mine to a day ride's time, but as Mz. Vickie has proven she can hold up to a 400 mile day, that can cover a lot of territory.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I'm booked through Sept, but Oct has a few weekends available (2nd and 9th). LMK..

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First weekend in October sounds good for a starter. Wish we could forecast the weather. If Mz. Vickie wants to go it will probably have to be a Sunday drive. When your married to a Real Estate / Beautician one can plan on being home alone with the dogs every Saturday and if she holds an open house one can plan on being home alone with the dogs again. Sponge, your in the loop. So you know where I'm coming from, here is a Yahoo map link to my town: http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=38.852387&lon=-77.44327&zoom=12&q1=Centreville, VA Hit me up with a map of your location.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
You guys are sooo lucky to have the season you do. It was -6* here this morning (21*f to you all). Now that is unseasonably cold even for us mukluk and mitt types, but dang. Please plan a ride (or two or three) and then post some pics so I can flash up the laptop and sit infront of the fireplace and drool. Come to think about it, the way it's going, y'all are still going to be biking and I'm liable to be on a snowmobile!

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are sooo lucky to have the season you do. It was -6* here this morning (21*f to you all). Now that is unseasonably cold even for us mukluk and mitt types, but dang. Please plan a ride (or two or three) and then post some pics so I can flash up the laptop and sit infront of the fireplace and drool. Come to think about it, the way it's going, y'all are still going to be biking and I'm liable to be on a snowmobile!
Your season may be short but your wilderness must be wonderful. How about some pictures from your area, budoka. The farthest I have been up north is Bar Harbor, ME.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I'll see what I can do about it this evening. It's crystal clear today and it'll get cold quick tonight, but I can put on the woolies and maybe snap something nearby and post it later.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's something to consider. Mz. Vickie likes the Amish stuff of PA. How about Lancaster area for a start ?

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I can do Amish.. Just depends on the date. Saturday are good. Sunday's are tough for me due to church responsibilities. So you plan and I'll let you know if I can make it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you are doing anything the weekend of Oct 1& 2 or Oct 16 & 17 I might just be willing to hop on the bike and ride to PA....I will watch this post.....

FYI...

I am doing a trip in Late October...Not sure if I will make it as far North as you guys...but everyone is welcomed....below is a prelimanary agenda (suggestions always welcomed...)

...Have about 6 GWers joining me leaving Wisconsin...we are making hotel reservations this up coming week for some of the stops...will wing-it on other nights....

Wed. Oct 20 - 600mi - 11:30

Leave Oak Creek, WI at 4am :eek:. Take the interstate through Chicago, Indianapolis and Louisville to KY. Exit the interstate in Cave City, KY and take scenic roads to Cookeville, TN for the night. Scenic route includes a road with 7 switchbacks.

Thur. Oct 21 - 386mi - 9:45

Meet Russ, friend that moved to Lake Charles, LA. Ride the Cherohala Skyway to Deals Gap. Slay the Dragon. Ride the Moonshiner 28. Hop on the Blue Ridge Parkway to Ashville, TN for the night.

Fri. Oct 22 - 350 mi - 8:45

Continue up the Blue Ridge Parkway past Linville Falls. Exit the BRP and ride scenic Hwy 421. Then ride the Kingdom Come Scenic Parkway. Stop for the night along the way. If we feel like continuing on to London, KY, great!

Sat. Oct 23/24 - 800 mi - 16:45

Take scenic roads past Natural Bridge then through a 1-lane tunnel. Ride to Cincinnati, OH then interstate the way home. Stop for the night along the way.

Total – 2,136mi - 46:45

Its a group of guys from the Milwaukee GWRRA Chapter....I think we are all iching to get out and practice the skills we learned at the motorcycle advance riders course for police offers....

Safe Ride To All This Fall...

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Originally Posted by chopin114
i'll work on a saturday ride. Maybe old bones in frackville might be interested.
Old bones will be in NYC next weekend, community commitment weekend of Oct 2nd, community work weekend on Oct 9th. So it would have to be after that.

Starting to feel like Charlie.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok! Saturday is out as far as Mz. Vickie can ride. That is her cash cow day. Sponge ! My good buddy, are you available on a Sunday ( a fair weather Sunday ) ? I have to get the wife to Amish country ( probably a few stops included ) . I should be able to get " Rapier " from down here locally as he has a lady friend up in Reading PA.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Chopin,

Please forgive me, we have just been informed of some VERY bad news... please start the prayer chain, the Doctors have found a mass on my wifes left ovary, its 10 cm big( that's 4" to the rest of us) the doctor want to remove it ASAP. That means, next Monday 9-27-10 in Md. We will be traveling to Maryland on Sunday... So please keep us in prayer.
We would love to ride with you all in the near future, so please keep the invites coming.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Chopin,

Please forgive me, we have just been informed of some VERY bad news... please start the prayer chain, the Doctors have found a mass on my wifes left ovary, its 10 cm big( that's 4" to the rest of us) the doctor want to remove it ASAP. That means, next Monday 9-27-10 in Md. We will be traveling to Maryland on Sunday... So please keep us in prayer.
We would love to ride with you all in the near future, so please keep the invites coming.
Prayers sent from NJ.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi Chopin,

Prayers sent from Wisconsin are with you and your wife ....safe trip to MD and a speedy recovery for your wife.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts