Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All, I'm looking into the V-Stream Windshield for my 09 Wing. Anyone out there have one? If so did you install it or did it require professional help? Have you noticed a difference in the flow buffeting for you and your passengers? Any other insights would be helpful.
The Professor.

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
" marcsvette " just got one and was very pleased. The only problem is we haven't seen him around since early August here. He was on a trip up here to D.C. and he is long overdue. Maybe your post will get his attention.

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
Nothing pertinenent to add, I've just been looking at this windshield and want to see what is said about it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Adjust the shield to the point where you can just look over it or through it by tilting your head back and fourth. Then adjust the vent so it hits you right in the face. Buffeting gone. I wear a full face helmet and this may not be an acceptable setup for open face wearers.

Greetings All, I'm looking into the V-Stream Windshield for my 09 Wing. Anyone out there have one? If so did you install it or did it require professional help? Have you noticed a difference in the flow buffeting for you and your passengers? Any other insights would be helpful.
The Professor.

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
At the risk of sounding repetitive, I'm still wondering where " marcsvette " is . This would be his shinning thread to comment on. I'm not a worry wart but it's just not right that he would go on a trip, check in a few times and then disappear . If there is one thing we love to do here is advertise our bike adventures. I've checked the internet for any newspapers from Guy Arkansas. Ok, I'm a semi-worry wart.

·
Premium Member
24,641 Posts
I'm with you chopin114. It is a concern. About the windshield, I also have zero problems with the stocker, but after reading Mark's post, and the reviews on Wingstuff it'slikely the only one I'd seriously consider if in the market.

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
Can you shoot us a picture here of the installed windshield. How much is this going to cost the wife ?

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
If it was a gift from her it is priceless. Don't even ask. I'm going to send you a PM as you have some goodies on you bike that I want your feedback on and I don't want to side track this thread anymore than I'm doing right now.

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
I'm debating between the V-Stream and the Windbender. Leaning towards the Windbender but I can't say why yet. It's not a secret, I just don't know.

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
I have all winter to decide, but still the Windbender holds first choice and still can't say why yet. Might be a gut instinct.

·
Super Moderator
9,999 Posts
Here's a video on the subject:

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
Thanks for the video. I think the V-Stream is my choice. If those darn other pesky bills would quit popping up.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mine came with a Windbender, no complaints but I never had anything to compare it to.
I thought a vent would be great in the summer but with the Windbender down to the lowest setting the air goes right over my helmet and provides plenty of air flow. I removed the upper shield once to see the difference but put it back on.
I also have the under the mirror vents and those direct air were ever you want it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.