Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All, I'm looking into the V-Stream Windshield for my 09 Wing. Anyone out there have one? If so did you install it or did it require professional help? Have you noticed a difference in the flow buffeting for you and your passengers? Any other insights would be helpful.
The Professor.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
" marcsvette " just got one and was very pleased. The only problem is we haven't seen him around since early August here. He was on a trip up here to D.C. and he is long overdue. Maybe your post will get his attention.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Nothing pertinenent to add, I've just been looking at this windshield and want to see what is said about it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Adjust the shield to the point where you can just look over it or through it by tilting your head back and fourth. Then adjust the vent so it hits you right in the face. Buffeting gone. I wear a full face helmet and this may not be an acceptable setup for open face wearers.

Greetings All, I'm looking into the V-Stream Windshield for my 09 Wing. Anyone out there have one? If so did you install it or did it require professional help? Have you noticed a difference in the flow buffeting for you and your passengers? Any other insights would be helpful.
The Professor.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
At the risk of sounding repetitive, I'm still wondering where " marcsvette " is . This would be his shinning thread to comment on. I'm not a worry wart but it's just not right that he would go on a trip, check in a few times and then disappear . If there is one thing we love to do here is advertise our bike adventures. I've checked the internet for any newspapers from Guy Arkansas. Ok, I'm a semi-worry wart.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I'm with you chopin114. It is a concern. About the windshield, I also have zero problems with the stocker, but after reading Mark's post, and the reviews on Wingstuff it'slikely the only one I'd seriously consider if in the market.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a 02 GL1800 with a well worn poorly taken care of windscreen and also wanted a vent so I got the V Stream from National cycle. I don't normally ride in the rain and to save a few bucks so I opted for the original model. The special edition is thicker and coated with their rain zio coating. I am not a mechanic in any way shape or form but it was easy to replace the factory one with the new one. The thicker one will be a little harder to adjust up and down when installed but once I adjust it, I most likely will never move it anyway. The feel is deffinately different and the buffeting at 100 mph is the same as the factory at 65 and the corider and I like it much better. Now the only thing I do not like about it is it tends to move around more than the factory one and if I knew this before hand, I would have got the thicker model but what is done is done and it doesn't bother me enough to worry about it. It also looks good to boot!

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
I bought a 02 GL1800 with a well worn poorly taken care of windscreen and also wanted a vent so I got the V Stream from National cycle. I don't normally ride in the rain and to save a few bucks so I opted for the original model. The special edition is thicker and coated with their rain zio coating. I am not a mechanic in any way shape or form but it was easy to replace the factory one with the new one. The thicker one will be a little harder to adjust up and down when installed but once I adjust it, I most likely will never move it anyway. The feel is deffinately different and the buffeting at 100 mph is the same as the factory at 65 and the corider and I like it much better. Now the only thing I do not like about it is it tends to move around more than the factory one and if I knew this before hand, I would have got the thicker model but what is done is done and it doesn't bother me enough to worry about it. It also looks good to boot!
Can you shoot us a picture here of the installed windshield. How much is this going to cost the wife ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The wife bought it for me for Christmas from amazon.com so I don't know what she actually paid for it but that should be easy enough to find out. I can't do pics for a couple weeks as I just had major surgery and I can't get the bike out of the shed without her beating me with a stick but they did take picks of my bike at a expo we did for a GWRRA chapter (nothing like leaving your bike on a indoor gun range).Here are the links to the pics and when I can, I will do better pics. If you click on the pics, you can see pics of all our bikes there.

http://www.x-2.com/X2 at 2011 Butler Tech Expo/slides/DSC07829.html

http://www.x-2.com/X2 at 2011 Butler Tech Expo/slides/DSC07830.html

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
If it was a gift from her it is priceless. Don't even ask. I'm going to send you a PM as you have some goodies on you bike that I want your feedback on and I don't want to side track this thread anymore than I'm doing right now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The priceless thing is her as she bought me the bike in the first place! She searched the net and found it as at that time (spring 2010) use 1800's were hard to find in nice shape. It is a 02 with everything I could have imagined on it and it only had 8900 miles on it. The only downside was the windshield which was the only think that didn't look new and I wanted something that was better for her as well as me. I was thinking of cutting up the old windshield and making one of those rear seat shields to see if it helps anymore with the buffeting. If it does, I will buy one made for it. Anyone have experience with one of those?

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
I just saw these videos comparing the stock windshield to the V Stream and thought I would share the link to those videos. Sounds like the V Stream provides a much quieter ride for both the passenger and the rider.

http://www.nationalcycle.com/newsvideo/index.html
I'm debating between the V-Stream and the Windbender. Leaning towards the Windbender but I can't say why yet. It's not a secret, I just don't know.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Here's a video on the subject:

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Thanks for the video. I think the V-Stream is my choice. If those darn other pesky bills would quit popping up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts