Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there Wingnuts!I hate to ask such a boring question,because i know it must be quite common.But im looking at a few vintage Goldwings.In particular a 1981 (i think) 1100 with low 56K mi.The price is right and it seems like the guy babied the scooter.Ive ridden since i was 15 (55 in july),so i know the obvious things like general appearance,oil leeks and seeps,clutch slippage,ect..What are some things particular to this model that i should look at or inquire about if any.Appreciate any help and look forward to participating in this great looking forum.:)

·
Registered
692 Posts
... HOWDY ... A FEW MUST THINGS TO ASK ... HAVE THE BELTS BEEN CHANGED ... LAST TIME ALL FLUIDS WERE CHANGED ie: RADITOR-DIFFERENTAL GEAR OIL-BRAKE FLUIDS-HAS THE STATOR OR STARTER BEEN REPLACED ... THESE ARE A MUST KNOW THINGS BEFORE PURCHASE ... IF THESE ITEMS HAVE NOT BEEN DONE, DON'T BE AFFRAID OF BUYING THE BIKE ... A FOR SURE MUST DO IS CHANGE THE BELTS IF THEY HAVE NOT BEEN CHANGED ... A GOOD VISUAL INSPECTION AND COMMON SENSE GO ALONG WAY ... ASK IF YOU CAN TAKE IT FOR A RIDE MAKE SURE THE SHIFTING / BRAKING ARE SMOOTH ... I JUST PURCHASED A 85 1200 LTD. KNOWING THE STARTER WAS GOING BAD BUT THAT DIDN'T STOP THE PURCHASE ... SO USE WHAT FEELS GOOD FOR YOU ... A USED ANYTHING YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO DROP SOME MONEY INTO ... BUT YOU WILL GET LOTS OF MILES AND BIG ENJOYMENT FROM THE BIKE ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts