Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Need your help to resolve something once and for all please, would someone out there in GWOF world apart from Aussie's be able to take some digi pics of the side walls & any specific info written on them left and or right side for me? of the Bridgestone front & rear 709s & 704s please.
Reason being is Stone AUS say they do not import any MC tire, only done through EuroTread Australia. I would like to know if its the same dam tire that you guys put on in USA is all.
I've heard lots of theorys & discussions & thought this may be the only 100% way of doing it, I appreciate it may be a bit time consuming for some but would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

ps - Go the Patriots! (hope i didnt just do my dash with Giants fan with 709s/704s on his GW & a digi camera) haha :rolleyes:

rgds
Paul

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey Paul
Just off the subject, did you get the recall notice from honda about the rear brake. I got mine last week.
I thought stones were stones no matter were you buy them, but then
again i could be wrong, its been said before :)

·
Administrator
25,937 Posts
Hey there Paul, sorry but I haven't even ordered my 709 yet:( my bad totally!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Paul
Just off the subject, did you get the recall notice from honda about the rear brake. I got mine last week.
I thought stones were stones no matter were you buy them, but then
again i could be wrong, its been said before :)
Got the recall notice thks, going in on Tuesday

re- stones, yes me too but have had lots of people who should know what they are saying tell me different! so hoping the guys will be able to prove differently.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My pics of my 709 front. The best that my camera and lighting can do for this run. My tire says " Made in Japan ".
Thks chopin

Here's what is on my Tyre:

130/70R18 M/C 63H
R709 T0201 Made in Japan

Almost but not EXACTLY same with that T0201 number, does anyone know what that particular number is?

·
Premium Member
23,785 Posts
If I'm reading this correct it looks like your tire was manufactured in 2011 and mine was in 2010. That would work for me as I had mine put on in August 2011.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Manufacture Week - "11"
The first pair of digits identifies the week the tire was manufactured. In this case, the tire was manufactured in the 11th week. The number 01 would indicate the first week of January, whereas the number 52 would indicate the last week of December.

Manufacture Year - "05"
The second pair of digits identifies the year that the tire was manufactured, in this case 2005.

Treadwear - "520"
The treadwear rating is a measurement of the tire's durability, but not the projected tread life. It is important to remember that road surfaces, driving habits, and other factors determine actual tread life. Each tire manufacturer independently determines treadwear through their own tests. Treadwear is not based on any one industry or government standard.

Chopin - Based on the above info on this site & reading yours & mine maybe the 0=(2010) & 150 or in my case 201 maybe the days in that year!
The other theory could be directly above? Treadwear rating!
Your thoughts?
When I got your pics I thought for a second there I has this licked! & now one number is the difference.........

·
Premium Member
23,785 Posts
Unless you Aussie's are getting Chinese take offs, it looks like the same tire we have here. Blame it on the roads ?????? I didn't notice my tread wear rating on this viewing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unless you Aussie's are getting Chinese take offs, it looks like the same tire we have here. Blame it on the roads ?????? I didn't notice my tread wear rating on this viewing.
It does look the same! at least now I still have to confirm that this is the 'date stamp' if it is I will certainly be sticking it a few faces over here thats for sure! plus I still need to confirm the rear! & I certainly no your not the guy for that one (with all due respect intended) :D

·
Premium Member
23,785 Posts
It does look the same! at least now I still have to confirm that this is the 'date stamp' if it is I will certainly be sticking it a few faces over here thats for sure! plus I still need to confirm the rear! & I certainly no your not the guy for that one (with all due respect intended) :D
Due respect accepted. How long are you going to ride on that unsafe, may pop, de- laminating tire , anyway ?;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Due respect accepted. How long are you going to ride on that unsafe, may pop, de- laminating tire , anyway ?;)
I changed the rear a month or two ago! straight after the de-lam. It happened about 30k away from home on the way back from a few hundred K ride, I cradled it home parked it! kicked & took photo's of it posted them! whinged and moaned to you guys & new tyre on a week later!
I'm changing my front next week, I could get another 2K out of it fairly safely but my Brother & I are planning 4K run in April so thought while I'm getting my service done & KN filter put in I better do the front before trip.
With this thread I am just gearing up for next tyre changes @ present over here a good deal for front is 280 & 330 for rear (fitted) I currently have an order in with WS so I can see what shipping it would cost for 2 x tyres only so I can compare.

·
Premium Member
23,785 Posts
I have been averaging about 10,000 miles a riding season. A set of tires purchased and installed at the dealer here run between $500 and $600. There is no way around it as tires must wear. Nothing like the feeling of new tires. I'm just trying to break that annual tire expenditure cycle up a bit.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I dont mind supporting my local dealer as they have been good enough to match the best price I can get which is good of them, I just want to say 'well as a matter of fact' to the next person that says 'well these tyres over in the States are different'
Anyway I have been searching the net while chatting and it would seem that the date stamp is definately four digits '0211' would be second week in 2011, which does not reallly make sense for ours? '0150' & '0201'

·
Premium Member
23,785 Posts
cloud09;83797Anyway I have been searching the net while chatting and it would seem that the date stamp is definitely four digits '0211' would be second week in 2011 said:
Agree. Must be shorthand. I refuse to believe that your tire was manufactured in 2001 and mine in 1950.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts