Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, newbie here and very confused. 1998 GL1500SE. Looking to hookup ICM / CB. Doing web research and my confusion is with the cords. What's the difference between upper / lower?

P.S. is ANY piece of coiled cord worth $100. I think not! geez!

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
There is a set up that has two piece of cord the Upper that attached to the helmet and is only a foot long, this stays attached to the helmet. The lower coiled cord stay attached to the bike.
For myself I prefer the two piece cords, don't have the long cord hanging off the helmet when not in use. Like when getting gas, just unplug the two and leave your helmet on. No getting wrapped up in the cord.
I've found that after time the wire in the connection at the helmet fail, with the two piece set up you old have to replace the top section instead of the whole cord which is expensive.
I think you can still get the one piece cord.
That work for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ok, newbie here and very confused. 1998 GL1500SE. Looking to hookup ICM / CB. Doing web research and my confusion is with the cords. What's the difference between upper / lower?

P.S. is ANY piece of coiled cord worth $100. I think not! geez!
I did a YouTube video recently about how I added speakers to my helmet. Maybe it will be of some value to you.

http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11750

1 - 5 of 5 Posts