Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm a computer doofus. How do I upload a photo or j-peg to use as an avatar or to post on a thread, say a garage photo for the man-castle thread? It would also be nice to know how to send pics in a PM. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but remember that up here in Northern Alberta things like electricity and telephones are still kind of new technology! LOLOLOLOL:rolleyes:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi Budoka,ready for the "Grey Cup" ? Anyway, here's how for an Avatar under your name, click on User CP,settings & options,edit Avatar,use custom Avatar,use option #2 upload image from your computer. Either use the browse function or type in the command string to your image ie; C:\photos etc. etc. make sure you make your image 32.0 KB in size or less otherwise it won't be excepted. I edited the size of my photos previous to trying this procedure by copying them to a temporary folder and editing the size there so the originals would still be full size. I uploaded jpg's

Robert

·
Registered
201 Posts
Budoka ,further to uploading Photos, this time into a post. Make up your Post and post it ,then underneath your new post click on "Edit Post","Go advanced" scroll down and click on "additional options" then "Manage Attachments". you'll see a popup box stating the size and type of file allowed, for .jpg's its 97.7 KB again either use the browser function and find your photo or type in the command string to it.Don't forget to save your edited post. There may be other procedures but these are two that I've found.

Robert

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, really. It's tough being in your 50's and still being doofy in certain things. They're gonna teach me to file statements at work once I get the hang of the telephone, haha :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts